u=f(x,y,z) visualization

Post by Pierre_WOE » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Is there a way with gnuplot to plot the value of a function of three variables, ie
for each point (x,y,z), plot f(x,y,z) in a colour depending on the value of f(x,y,z)?
Thanks

------------
Pierre Woehl

Institut de Mecanique des Fluides
2, rue Boussingault - F67000 STRASBOURG FRANCE

u=f(x,y,z) visualization

Post by crawford richa » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Is there a way with gnuplot to plot the value of a function of three
> variables, ie for each point (x,y,z), plot f(x,y,z) in a colour depending
> on the value of f(x,y,z)?

As far as I know, gnuplot won't let you use more than two free variables.
The only way I can see to solve your problem is to compute the values
outside of gnuplot.

Sorry.

1. computer visualization/ graphics in flow visualization

Computer graphics and visualization are the essential ingredients of flow
visualization.  To illustrate this I draw your attention to to the 9th
International Symposium on Flow Visualization  CD Rom Proceedings

The proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Flow Visualization
(ISBN 0 9533991 1 7) are available on CD Rom and include 380 full text
papers with 93 embedded digital movie files.  The papers are indexed and the
full text is searchable for keywords. An archive copy ot the CD is lodged
with the National Library of Scotland.

You may read the abstracts on the 9isfv web site
http://www.ode-web.demon.co.uk/flow-visualization/9misfv/
and obtain copies from
Prof Ian Grant
Chairman 9th International Symposium on Flow Visualisation

fax (44)  131 447 8660
tele (44) 131 447 8800

2. Better Win NT or 2000?

3. Deadline Approaches for Workshop on Visualization & Machine VisionIEEE Workshop on Visualization and Machine Vision

4. Unix-Modeller for POVray ?

5. IBM RS/6000 Visualization Data Explorer & Power Visualization

6. Ampi

7. Newest win32 BMRT!!!

8. Amira 2.2 - Advanced 3D data visualization

9. Visualization in Browsers using VisAD

10. IEEE Visualization 2000

11. New Book: Information Visualization

12. Data Mining and Visualization positions at SGI