info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2028

Post by gavin buxt » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:25:22

Hi,

You need to use the set sample option, your script
will look like this....

set output "foo.ps"
set terminal postscript eps
set xrange[-100:100]
set sample 10000

plot 0.5 + ((sin(sqrt(x*x)))**2 - 0.5)/((1 +
0.001*(x*x))**2)

This look cool?

Gavin.

 Subject: increasing the resolution of a equation

Quote:> plot

> to anyone who can assist

> the following is my gnuplot code for printing an
> equation:

> # Setting various parameters
> ############################
> set output "foo.ps"
> set terminal postscript eps
> set xrange[-100:100]

> plot 0.5 + ((sin(sqrt(x*x)))**2 - 0.5)/((1 +
> 0.001*(x*x))**2)

> #End of file

]]]]

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. 5 colour job??

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070

4. Best delphi 3 games creation tool

5. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2068

6. Call for opinions about Mid-High End Graphic Accelerators. (WINTEL)

7. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2064

8. Refreshing the canvas

9. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2062

10. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2056