help on printing with gnulot

Post by Solen Balm » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 07:15:00

hello,

I have a problem printing multiplots from gnuplot.
Once you plot a composite graph of several plots using
"set multiplot" comment , how do you print a PS file out ?
I know how to get a single postscript print out by "set ouput"
but it does not work with multiplots on one page.
I need to know this ASAP

thanks a lot...

sincerely,

solen balman..........

]]]]

Post by I Wayan Warma » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 08:04:36

| I have a problem printing multiplots from gnuplot. Once you plot a
| composite graph of several plots using "set multiplot" comment , how do
| you print a PS file out ? I know how to get a single postscript print
| out by "set ouput" but it does not work with multiplots on one page. I
| need to know this ASAP

I have never print a graph directly from gnuplot.
Anyway, try to arrange your script like folowing...

set term postscript
set output "ouput.ps"
set multiplot
plot graph A
plot graph B
plot graph C
plot graph D
set nomultiplot
reset

if you don't use "set multiplot" command you will get
the "output.ps" of 4 pages postscript file.

Regards,

Wayan
 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot

]]]]

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:54:43

> Once you plot a composite graph of several plots using
> "set multiplot" comment , how do you print a PS file out ?

You don't.  You have to re-do the whole sequence of commands that
generated the multiplot, up to and including the final 'set
nomultiplot', but this time enclose it in

        set term postscript # or whatever...
        set output "mymultiplot.ps"
        # ... your commands here
        set output

The most efficient way of doing this is to have all those commands in
a script file kept open in a parallel editor sesssion, which you then
"load" into a running gnuplot session.

It's not "set output" that doesn't work with multiplots, it's the
simple "replot" method of recreating the plotted page.  A script file
in the place of "replot" solves that.

Post by Dr. Richard E. Hawki » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 04:28:47

>I have a problem printing multiplots from gnuplot.
>Once you plot a composite graph of several plots using
>"set multiplot" comment , how do you print a PS file out ?
>I know how to get a single postscript print out by "set ouput"
>but it does not work with multiplots on one page.

I'm not sure if this is what you need, but I believe I use "show output"
to force the write.

hawk
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign

These opinions will not be those of              X    and postings.
Penn State until it pays my retainer.           / \

help on printing with gnulot

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 21:25:38

Quote:>>I have a problem printing multiplots from gnuplot.
>>Once you plot a composite graph of several plots using
>>"set multiplot" comment , how do you print a PS file out ?
>>I know how to get a single postscript print out by "set ouput"
>>but it does not work with multiplots on one page.
> I'm not sure if this is what you need, but I believe I use "show output"
> to force the write.

Close, but no doughnut.  It's "set output" with no arguments I think you're
referring to.  That's the command to close an output file started with

        set output 'filename'

again.  On some platforms (including DOS/Windows, IIRC) other
programs won't be able to see the file at all until this is done.

The original question I answered earlier.

1. Running Gnulot from a cgi-bin

[...]

This message probably means that the 'gnuplot' executed by the CGI
invocation of your Perl script is not the same as the one you use
yourself.  One of them has GIF support, the other doesn't.

It's probably a difference of PATH settings between the WWW server's
environment exported to CGIs and the one you set up in your own login
scripts.  Writing an absolute path name for gnuplot into test.pl might
help.

Ceterum censeo: www.burnallgifs.org

2. Rotating an icon

3. * BAD PRINT MARGINS WHEN PRINTING HELP *

4. better graphs

5. Help,Help,Help(Print Chart)

6. mng/jng

7. HELP for novice: 1200C always prints too dark -- HELP

8. Printing a filled polygon...help, help....

9. HELP PLEASE HELP WITH PRINTING LENSES IN COREL 7

10. HELP! Need help for printing WMF Files

11. Help!!! When printing a image from Corel 7.0 the print windows is cut and I can not see all of the print options

12. *************Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help************ Hardware lockup