3.6 points and lines problem

Post by Lowell Benish » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,

First off, I need to thank folks who sent me answers back on a problem I had
months ago.

Now for a new problem. I don't know whether I'm causing my own problem, have a
real bug, or have encountered an undocumented feature with version 3.6. I didn't
see any mention of it on the web page bug list and and couldn't connect to the
main dartmouth? page (stalled) to try to find any other bug list.

What SA has currently loaded for me is version 3.6 patch level 344.

The problem I have is that the line and point types I see when I display plots on
the terminal are not what I see when I send the output to a postcript device for a
hardcopy. Most of my plots have multiple traces and when going from plot to plot
and displaying on the terminal, I see the line types being reused in the same
order. But when the same plots are sent to the postscript device the line and
point types being used are not the same. Kinda looks like a random selection.

Didn't have this problem with version 3.5. I moved up to 3.6 in order to use the
multiplot feature. I don't know if the multiplot feature and the random line
types on the postcript device are related.

I've tried different printers and something called "lasergnu" with no
improvement in the situation.

The SA guy thinks that there may be a problem in the way gnuplotv3.6pl344 creates the
postcript file.

Any ideas out there??

Lowell
--
Lowell Benishek                                 The Boeing Company

Phone:  (281) 244-4437                          13100 Space Center Boulevard
Fax:    (281) 244-4215                          Houston, Texas  77059-3556

3.6 points and lines problem

Post by crawford richa » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

[snip]

Quote:> What SA has currently loaded for me is version 3.6 patch level 344.

> The problem I have is that the line and point types I see when I display plots
> on
> the terminal are not what I see when I send the output to a postcript device
> for a
> hardcopy. Most of my plots have multiple traces and when going from plot to plot
> and displaying on the terminal, I see the line types being reused in the same
> order. But when the same plots are sent to the postscript device the line and
> point types being used are not the same. Kinda looks like a random selection.

> Didn't have this problem with version 3.5. I moved up to 3.6 in order to use the
> multiplot feature. I don't know if the multiplot feature and the random line
> types on the postcript device are related.

I believe that the order the different line styles are used has been changed,
but they shouldn't be random.

You can use the "test" command to see what types are available -- by default
they're supposed to be used in the rder "test" shows them.

You couldn't have seen this problem with gnuplot 3.5 because it doesn't have
"multiplot" :-)

1. point size problem (3.6 win32/NT ver)

Hi all,

I got a problem while using Gnuplot 3.6 beta version on Windows 95 and NT.
After I changed the size of the graph window, all points----*, +,
o..----become large size. Even if you changed the graph window size back
to its original, the points' size remain large!!

However, Gnuplot 3.5 doesn't have this problem.

Can I solve this problem by 'setting' something or using some command?
Or, is this a bug of the 3.6 beta version?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Sincerely yours,

Don Lee

2. Canon Xapshot

3. point size problem(3.6 win32)

4. PovRay / Animation

5. Putting points on top of the contour in pre 3.6

6. GLUT_STEREO fatal error.........

7. gnuplot 3.6 - data points overlap

8. convert different formats

9. Point-type in 3.6

10. Question on input line length for wgnuplot 3.6 for Windows 95/NT

11. dashed lines with OS/2 3.6 beta

12. 3.6 extra lines polar grid

13. 3.6 extra lines nohidden3d