storing configuration of gnuplot in a file

storing configuration of gnuplot in a file

Post by Kamaraju Kusumanch » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:02:20

Hi
        I want to have some options to be set automatically
whenever I start gnuplot. I am looking for sth like .gnuplotrc
file. I tried .gnuplotrc in my home directory - but it is not
working.
        Can someone please tell me if there is anyway to
achieve this?

I am using redhatlinux 9.0 and have access to gnuplot
Version 3.7 patchlevel 3

thanks in advance
raju

storing configuration of gnuplot in a file

Post by Ethan Merri » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:01:55

Quote:>Hi
>    I want to have some options to be set automatically
>whenever I start gnuplot. I am looking for sth like .gnuplotrc
>file. I tried .gnuplotrc in my home directory - but it is not
>working.

gnuplot>  help startup
 When `gnuplot` is run, it looks for an initialization file to load.  This
 file is called `.gnuplot` on Unix and AmigaOS systems, and `GNUPLOT.INI` on
 other systems.  If this file is not found in the current directory, ...

--
Ethan A Merritt

storing configuration of gnuplot in a file

Post by Kamaraju Kusumanch » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:02:30

Hi Ethan Merritt,

Thanks. This is exactly what I was searching for.
KK

>>Hi
>>        I want to have some options to be set automatically
>>whenever I start gnuplot. I am looking for sth like .gnuplotrc
>>file. I tried .gnuplotrc in my home directory - but it is not
>>working.

> gnuplot>  help startup
>  When `gnuplot` is run, it looks for an initialization file to load.  This
>  file is called `.gnuplot` on Unix and AmigaOS systems, and `GNUPLOT.INI` on
>  other systems.  If this file is not found in the current directory, ...

1. Gnuplot Configuration Woes

Hello There,

I'd been running gnuplot for a few months with some decent results.  After
experiencing catastrophic hardware failure, I am rebuilding the machine.
Instead of Redhat 6.2, I've now opted for RedHat 7.2.  I've installed gd and
libpng however I get this error when I go to configure gnuplot:

checking for png_info_init in -lpng... (cached) no
- see term/png.trm for download details

I've changed TERMFLAGS and TERMLIBS however I still get the same error.

Leisa Knapp CCSA
Senior Server Operations Analyst
Managed Hosting & Security Operations
Advanced Enterprise Solutions (AES)
AT&T Canada
http://www.attcanada.ca

2. Using cd-rom video with a pc ?

3. Get .jpg file from HTTP address and store in local file

4. Inventor information available on the World Wide Web

5. How to store an EMF file into a resource file

6. Anyone using Fuji C550 Lanovia scanner?

7. storing WMF files in RES resource file

8. O2 video configuration files for stereo

9. Configuration file corrupted??

10. ERROR - This is a bad configuration file.

11. REQ: Howto file on Samba and NT configuration