"a4" option for post terminal

Post by David Schweike » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

What about adding an "a4" option on the post terminal?
I find it rather annoying to properly change the scale every
time I want to print. I think this option would be very
useful for all europeans.
I don't know the american format, and it's difficult to find
the right scaling!

"a4" option for post terminal

Post by Deutsch » Sat, 06 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: What about adding an "a4" option on the post terminal?
: I find it rather annoying to properly change the scale every
: time I want to print. I think this option would be very
: useful for all europeans.
: I don't know the american format, and it's difficult to find
: the right scaling!

Yes! Yes! Yes. Please. Didn't think of that one since I am still
in the US but I'll be back to Europe (like Schwarzenegger) and then
I'd love that.
Until then you could try to use the utilities that come with the
free psutils package, which is available as source and binaries for
many operating systems. It can do scaling and other magic.

US Letter is 8.5 x 11 in^2 or so, 1 in = 2.54 cm.

How does the UK handle that US format anyway? (David??? :->)

Stefan

                                             home^    UTK^     ORNL^
If there is software you'd like to have in a native version, visit the:
OS/2 E-mail Campaign Page http://www.andrews.edu/~boyko/email.html

1. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

Does anyone have a problem using PhotoShop 3.  I have alien skin filters
and Kai's Power Tools and yet if I use the spheroid designer in Kai's Power
Tools and then try to add a drop shadow to it using alien skin, PhotoShop
crashes.  Has anyone got a solution to this problem.  It's really bugging
me (pun not intentional).

Yours Pete

2. FS: LW6.5 Intel Still in shrinkwrap

3. settings for "set terminal pbm"

4. Rippling Water Effect

5. gnuplot with "pbm" terminal setting

6. Playing AVI Resources

7. Bug: "Dumb Terminal" Plots Cut Off

8. "makemovie": -loop option with Quicktime format

9. Lost "Recent File" option

10. Copying "Blending Option" in PS6

11. "Save for web" option in PS7

12. Greyed Out "Save for Web" Option