printing the results of fit on a graph

Post by Kevin Cla » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:36:54

I would like to use the fit command to fit some data then have my "fit"
parameters print on the plot. ie

f(x)=a*x+b
fit f(x) "data" u 1:2 via a,b
set  label 1 "A=a and B=b"
show label 1
plot f(x)

and have label 1 look something like
A=4.0 and B=2.02

kev
--
Kevin Clark
Department of Chemical Engineering

]]]]

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:28:31

> I would like to use the fit command to fit some data then have my "fit"
> parameters print on the plot. ie

        set label 1 'A=%g',a, ' B=%g', b

Only works in the development branch (3.8*) though.

1. Puting fit results on a plot

I know that there isn't a problem with ploting a function with which fit was
done on a plot, but I was wondering whether there is a way to put final
parameters of a fit function on a plot?

Like I did fit with f(x)=a+bx and I want to see values of a and b on a plot.

Thanks,
Andrzej Lyskowski

2. Looking for Font Editor

3. fit result in title

4. PREMEDIA II

5. fitting results

6. How can I join in the maillist for Dirextx?

7. fit results

8. FREE WEB GRAPHICS HERE!

9. Q: Fit result to file

10. RESULT: comp.soft-sys.graphing.sigmaplot fails 82:23

11. Graphing SPECGLperf results

12. pro Fit 5.1.1 -- scientific graphing for Macintosh