fit result in title

Post by Ga?l BOUR » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:09:17

Hello
I would like to plot the fit result in the title
of the fiting curve, for example :

y(x)=b;
fit y(x) "data.txt" u 1:2 via b
plot    'data..txt' using 1:2 w l,\
    y(x) t "$b"

but it do not work ...
thanks

fit result in title

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:40:36

> I would like to plot the fit result in the title of the fiting
> curve, for example :
> y(x)=b;
> fit y(x) "data.txt" u 1:2 via b
> plot    'data..txt' using 1:2 w l,\
>     y(x) t "$b"
> but it do not work ...

Right, it doesn't. The underlying reason is that gnuplot has no support
for string-valued variables, at this time, and thus also no way of
creating strings on-the-fly.

This is the number one most frequently requested, still missing feature
in the history of gnuplot.

1. writting results in the title

Hello,
I need to do something that I could not find in the help, or in the FAQ,
and I would like
to know if its possible to do that, and how.

I am passing some arguments to a "call" function, and inside the call I
do some calculation
with these numbers, like using them to automatically rescale axes,
etc.... Everything is ok, the
plots are generated ok, but I would like to put in the title or in the
key the value of this
internal result. To put it simple, I don't know how to put the value of
m in the xxx place of the
following example:

gnuplot>call "file.gnp" 1 1

******************************
#file.gnp
m=$0 + sin($1)
set title 'The value of m is xxx\n'
p 'data.dat' u ($$1*m):2
******************************

I know that I can do, for example,

print "The value of m is",m

but there is nothing like a print_title function.
I am using the following gnuplot in the following linux:

        G N U P L O T
        Version 3.7 patchlevel 2
        last modified Sat Jan 19 15:23:37 GMT 2002
        System: Linux 2.4.18-14

        Copyright(C) 1986 - 1993, 1998 - 2002
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

        Type `help` to access the on-line reference manual
        The gnuplot FAQ is available from
        http://www.gnuplot.info/gnuplot-faq.html

Compile options:
-READLINE  +LIBREADLINE  -LIBGD  +LIBPNG  +NOCWDRC  +X11

HELPFILE     = "/usr/share/gnuplot.gih"
FAQ location = <http://www.gnuplot.info/gnuplot-faq.html>

Thank you very much in advance!

--
Damian Strier
Centre de Recherche Paul Pascal (CRPP-CNRS)

 - -
unsubscribe info-gnuplot

]]]]

2. LW 5.5 Release Date

3. Puting fit results on a plot

4. broken object through displacement map

5. fitting results

6. Sorry never had a problem with PSP7

7. fit results

8. LISTVIEW SUBITEMS SEARCH HELP!

9. Q: Fit result to file

10. printing the results of fit on a graph

11. Title, X-axis and Y-axis Titles of a plot

12. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

13. Beizer curve fitting/ B-spline Fitting