Questions about GNUplot for Windows (from Eun-Hyoung Park / Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio USA)

Questions about GNUplot for Windows (from Eun-Hyoung Park / Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio USA)

Post by ex.. » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:44:05

Hi, I have some questions about GNUplot.
I have two computers (at home and at my office).
They are Windows 2000 and Windows XP, respectively.
I tried to download GNUplot for Windows XP. But I could not
find them. Instead,I found GNUplot for Win32, gp373w32.zip.

Q1 : Is there any place where I can download and install
GNUplot for Windows XP ?

Q2 : I installed GNUplot for Win32 to my computer Windows 2000.
And it turned out that the font size is so small. How can I increas
the font size ?

I appreciate if you can kindly reply to me.
Thank you in advance.

Best,
Eun-Hyoung.

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot

]]]]

Post by christian.zei.. » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:03:57

> Hi, I have some questions about GNUplot.
> I have two computers (at home and at my office).
> They are Windows 2000 and Windows XP, respectively.
> I tried to download GNUplot for Windows XP. But I could not
> find them. Instead,I found GNUplot for Win32, gp373w32.zip.

> Q1 : Is there any place where I can download and install
> GNUplot for Windows XP ?

> Q2 : I installed GNUplot for Win32 to my computer Windows 2000.
> And it turned out that the font size is so small. How can I increas
> the font size ?

> I appreciate if you can kindly reply to me.
> Thank you in advance.

> Best,
> Eun-Hyoung.

hi!

I use the win32 version with xp and have no problems

christian

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:04:09

> Hi, I have some questions about GNUplot.

First, a comment: the name of the program is "gnuplot".  No uppercase
letters at all, and *no* connection to the GNU project whatsoever.
The naming similarity is purely coincidental.

Quote:> I tried to download GNUplot for Windows XP.

There is no such thing, nor should there be.  Windows XP is not a
separate platform --- it's really just Windows NT 5.1, named in a
funny way to make you think it's all new.

The platform is really Win32, which is turn for "any 32-bit Windows
platform".

Quote:> Q2 : I installed GNUplot for Win32 to my computer Windows 2000.
> And it turned out that the font size is so small. How can I increas
> the font size ?

Right-click onto the text window, select "Choose Font...".  Once
you've selected a usable font, Right-click again and select "Update
wgnuplot.ini".