info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2111

Post by gavin buxt » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:53:42

Morning,

There is a set zeroaxis property which might help, try

set xzeroaxis
plot sin(x)

and these allow you to change the properties if you
want i.e., set xzeroaxis -1, however, I would usually
just plot a simple line...

plot sin(x), -.4

to plot a line at y=-0.4. See help zeroaxis, though,
as this seems to be more what you want.

Gavin.

- Hi

Quote:> I used gnuplot to plot a datafile which has both
> positive and negative y
> values.  I want a horizontal line at y=0 and cannot
> figure out how to
> achieve this.  Is there some way to do this?

> Thanks

]]]]

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. animating car's headlights....

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070

4. seeking info on BMP format

5. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2068

6. ACM Symp. on Computational Geometry call/slide show on the Web

7. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2064

8. 450 free textures!

9. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2062

10. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2056