how to use nmake?

Post by ee » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:57:40

I use nmake -f makefile.nt but it return a error :
'c1' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
nmake : fatal error U1077 : 'c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe': return code '0x1'
stop.

How can I slove it?
any one can help?

how to use nmake?

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:09:29

> I use nmake -f makefile.nt but it return a error :
> 'c1' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Are you sure that's really "c1" in that message (with a digit "one",
not a letter "ell" after the c?  It's supposed to be "cl".

Quote:> nmake : fatal error U1077 : 'c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe': return code '0x1'
> stop.

The problem might be that your installation of MSVC++ is not fully working.
In particular, the directory with the compiler in it is not on your PATH,
it seems.

1. nmake problem

I'm using MS Visual C++ 5 product with RenderMan on NT platform.
When I start the Flexlm license server, everything goes fine and
Renderman is functioning properly. But if I try to make any of the
tutorial chapter scenes the make -process does not finish; it
complains that there is an internal error. This is very odd.
And what's even more odd is that when I shut off the Flexlm
license server, the make goes fine but stops at the obvious: no
license for prman.

I could not find any explanation in the MS C++ documentation on
NMAKE and CL error codes.

This problem is very annoying as it effectively makes prman a bit
unusable.

2. help - rotating a point

3. Q:How Can I NMAKE on NT 4.0

4. Online Graphic Adventure Serial

5. V++ Nmake command

6. New CG Services / 3D Models Give-away

7. Problems for glutwin32.mak by NMAKE

8. Can't build MS opengl example code under MSVCNT 1.1 on NT 3.5 (SP3)? Nmake error U1007

9. Question for anyone using Radioray who is now using raytracing in Max 2.0

10. Using using with splot

11. Has anyone used Polytrans to create X files for using in Direct X?

12. Anyone using/used a 200 MHZ. P6 with LW?