Two files two curves one graph

Post by Count Dracu » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:42:58

If I have two data files, the first of which defines
a curve in columns 2 and 4 and the second of which
defines another curve via columns 2 and 5, is there
a way of plotting both curves
(with a single set of x, y axes) without rewriting the
two data files as one file?

Post by Ethan Merri » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:41:19

>If I have two data files, the first of which defines
>a curve in columns 2 and 4 and the second of which
>defines another curve via columns 2 and 5, is there
>a way of plotting both curves

plot 'file1' using 2:4, 'file2' using 2:5

--
Ethan A Merritt

1. Two graphs two axis

Is there a way to distinguish which graph belongs
to which axis. Something like: "This line you see
here belongs to the right axis scale (x2), but this line
you see here is plotted according to the left axis
scale (x1)"?

Daniel

2. Quake2 test is out.

3. Combine two gif files or two JPG files with the same width or length

4. HELP 3DS3 Protected Mode Error

5. Graphing two data sets - only one shows up

6. Morphing

7. two graphs on one page

8. Photshop 5.0 problem

9. Plotting two columns of two files ...

10. two images, one file

11. plotting two files in one plot?

12. combine two BMP files to one

13. How to make two PM6.5 files one (one publication from two)?