Newbie question: Multiple data series

Post by Dan Rawso » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 03:37:30

I have a data file where each line looks like:

timestamp, series1_value, series2_value, series3_value, ...

How can I plot these three lines on one graph??  The series values are all in the same range, so it's really one y-axis
. . .

I know that multiplot is NOT what I need (since they come out on separate graphs).

TIA . . . .

Dan

Newbie question: Multiple data series

Post by Ethan Merri » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:31:51

Quote:>I have a data file where each line looks like:

>timestamp, series1_value, series2_value, series3_value, ...

>How can I plot these three lines on one graph??  The series values are all in the same range, so it's really one y-axis
>. . .

plot 'file' using 1:2, 'file' using 1:3, 'file' using 1:4

--
Ethan A Merritt

Post by Dan Rawso » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:20:27

>>I have a data file where each line looks like:

>>timestamp, series1_value, series2_value, series3_value, ...

>>How can I plot these three lines on one graph??  The series values are all in the same range, so it's really one y-axis
>>. . .

> plot 'file' using 1:2, 'file' using 1:3, 'file' using 1:4

Thanks!

1. Multiple series from stdin data set

Hi,

I'm trying to plot multiple series from a data set I'm sending in from
standard input:

The current setup:
set xlabel "Date"
set xdata time
set timefmt "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"
set format x "%m/%d/%Y\n%H:%M"
set nokey
set ylabel 'Outside Temperature'
plot '-' using 1:3 with lines
2001-01-01 23:35:00 18.40
2001-01-01 23:37:00 18.40
2001-01-01 23:45:00 18.20
2001-01-01 23:55:00 18.10
2001-01-02 00:05:00 18.00
2001-01-02 00:15:00 17.70

But I'd like to add another column to it for another series.. From what the
manual seems to say I need to send another stream of data with the new
series.

Anyone know a better way?

Thanks,

Jay

2. STRATA STUDIO PRO QUESTION

3. MEGA multiple series in BIG column of data

4. NeXT version of jpeg decoder

5. Multiple data series + rescaling

6. Warning! -- SONY SUBSTANDARD SERVICE

7. Newbie Question/Multiple Save As's

8. Mysteries of Life

9. simple multiple window question-newbie

10. Rotating multiple objects? [newbie question]

11. multiple column data file & no data point

12. plotting multiple graph from nultiple data set within one data file

13. sample multiple time-series plot?