GnuPlot help!

Post by Ryan Shann » Mon, 15 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Greetings,
   I very much hope that this is still a functioning help address as I have
a very much infuriating problem.

I need to redirect the output of gnuplot to a file. Simple as per the manual,
but after numerous hours of frustration, I can't seem to get it to work.
Let me give you some info:

the command I am using is: set output 'foo'
the plot is :              plot 'usr.tmp' with lines

shouldn't this redirect the graph into the file 'foo'?

I am running Solaris 2.4 on a Sparc5. I am using Gnuplot 3.5 patch 3.50.17.

Again I hope this is active and thank you much in advance,
Ryan C. Shannon

1. Gnuplot help

I've actually got a couple of questions, the first being "Is this the place
to talk about Gnuplot?"

I've got a file of mapping info where field 1 is the name and fields 2 and 3
are the x,y co-ordinates.  I want to plot these as points with their labels.
Does anyone know how (if?) I can do this?  A neat feature would be the
ability to differentiate the points.  That is, if field 4 was < 20 then the
plot would be a '*', otherwise if it was < 40 then it would get a '+', else
it would get a 'o'.  Finally, I need to invert the Y axis.  That is, 0,0 is
at the upper left and 0,100 is the lower left.  Thanks.

PS.  I'm running Gnuplot 3.0.  It's a damn nice program, my compliments to
        the authors!

jim

--

Education:  information I agree with.
Propaganda: information I disagree with.

                                    <Insert wild guess here>

2. playing a file right after a form appears...

3. A gnuplot help

4. OpenGL Libraries

5. gnuplot help

6. how to draw "bresenham Arc" ?