info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2056

Post by gavin buxt » Sat, 17 May 2003 22:36:40

Hi,

to plot the data

plot 'data.dat'

then you have to specify a function (for example a
linear function)

f(x) = m*x + c

then you can fit the data

fit f(x) 'data.dat'

then to plot them both type

plot f(x), 'data.dat'

Hope this helps, if not type 'help fit'.

Gavin.

 as a student I have to fit data, to find out, which

Quote:> kind of function
> could discribe this datas.
> So I want to write in an normal editor the
> intormation like:
> 1  5
> 2  5.69
> 3  6.4
> 4  7.1
> a.s.

> That's seems to be very easy, but I did not find
> out, how to manage it.
> I just have the comandoline with gnuplot> .... .
> Which comand do I have to give, to specifie datas?

> Thank You for your troubles!

]]]]

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. Contrast

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070

4. SoNormalBundle and creaseAngle

5. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2068

6. (19may91) Frequently asked questions - READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST.

7. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2064

8. how to change point order info?

9. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2062

10. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2028