input files to gnuplot

Post by Nick Loft » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi. Can you tell me what the format of an input file to gnuplot should be?
I am trying to use a bunch of figures in a file. PLease supply me with a
sample input file.

Thanks,

                                        Nick.

Nick Loftus

4th. year Engineering (Mechanical) / Arts (Indonesian / Politics)
University of Melbourne, Australia

input files to gnuplot

Post by Dick Crawfor » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi. Can you tell me what the format of an input file to gnuplot should be?
>I am trying to use a bunch of figures in a file. PLease supply me with a
>sample input file.

gnuplot's basic rule for input files is:  One datum per input line.
If gnuplot finds only a single number on a line, that number will be used
for "y" and the number of the line in the file will be used for "x".  If
gnuplot finds two numbers on a line, they will be used for "x" and "y"
(there's a surprise).  If there are more than two numbers on a line, the
first two will be used for "x" and "y", but you can override that choice
with the "using" option -- "plot 'file' using 3:2" would use the third
number for "x" and the second for "y".

There are more sophisticated things you can do with "using" -- see "help
plot" for details.

Is this enough to get you started?

1. Question concerning input a gnuplot file to LaTex file

Dear Sir,

        I am doing a project about manuplating an object in a plane.
I can certainly put one graph on one horizontal regionin a latex doc.
But I would like to know will that be possible to have two graph side
by side (in two different boxes) on a latex doc? Thank you.

2. where can i find these?

3. gnuplot capability to manupulate input file data prior to plotting

4. How to create .RGB/.BW file?

5. Can I input an object in a lwo file to another lwo file

6. generate GIF file source code

7. GNUPLOT input data

8. so how do the pros do it

9. gnuplot data input

10. Looking for codes or book on JPEG file input

11. File input format for DirectX(Direct3D)

12. Generate Volume Image from set of input files

13. Data File Input in POVRay?