Data on one plot with 2 x-axes

Post by Rikke Mattsso » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:35:48

Hello,

I am plotting a dataset of f(x) vs x in Gnuplot, but want to show the
values of 1/x on the top side of the graph - usually used for axis x2.
Can this be done?

Thank you in advance.

Rikke

Data on one plot with 2 x-axes

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:43:46

> Hello,
> I am plotting a dataset of f(x) vs x in Gnuplot, but want to show the
> values of 1/x on the top side of the graph - usually used for axis x2.
> Can this be done?

Not automatically, sorry. You'ld have to create the relevant mapping
manually, like this:

        set x2tics ("1.0" 1/1.0, "2.0" 1/2.0, "0.5" 1/0.5)

and so on.

(And don't forget to turn off xtics mirroring, too).

Data on one plot with 2 x-axes

Post by Rikke Mattsso » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 18:23:38

Works fine, thanks a lot.
Rikke Mattsson

> Not automatically, sorry. You'ld have to create the relevant mapping
> manually, like this:

>         set x2tics ("1.0" 1/1.0, "2.0" 1/2.0, "0.5" 1/0.5)

> and so on.

> (And don't forget to turn off xtics mirroring, too).
> --

> Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.

1. How to make the plot go from one X axis to X axis(without gaps)

I havent been able to find the documentation on this area.

I have data in the form:
2000:02:04 11.35
2000:02:07 11.31
2000:02:08 11.48

I set a couple of options
set xdata time
set timefmt "%Y:%m:%d"
plot 'data' using 1:2 with lines

When I plot the data, the line is centered on the graph with
gaps between the X axies and start,end points.

Is there a way so my start and end points end up on the axies?

2. Need prog. to conv. gfx files

3. plotting 2 timeseries data files on one plot with pre3.6/pl273

4. 32-bit image map question

5. plotting multiple graph from nultiple data set within one data file

6. New Star Trek Page released - I'm looking for ST related 3d objects

7. ONE Plot, TWO x-axes?!

8. Multiple inheritance in Open Inventor?

9. Several functions in one plot with different axis

10. Plot TWO functions in ONE Y-axis

11. two y axis for one plot?

12. multiple y-axis for one plot

13. problem with plotting many graphs on one single XY axis