info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2022

Post by gavin buxt » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:22:58

Hi there,

I don't know if I quite understood you, but it sounds
like you want to set the levels yourself....

set cntrparam levels disc 0,1,2,3,4

will give you contours at 0,1,2,3,4 for example.

Hope that helps.
Gavin.

Quote:> Hi!

> I am working in chemical surface modelling and I
> have
> an unresolved problem with gnuplot

> Is the fallow: the commands:

> set nosurface
> set contour base
> set cntrparam levels 45    #Number of contour
> set cntrparam levels incremental -0.3640,0.002

> produce the same countour plot (begin from -0.3640,
> with space between=0.002 units) for all the region
> of
> the grid data. I want change in the same plot the
> "space between" for different regions . For example
> I want diminish the "space between" in ten times for
> the x range apart from 4.0 units. How can I do this?

> It is very important for represent very shallow
> areas
> in the potential surface.

> thank in advance

> Luis Poveda

]]]]

info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2022

Post by Luis Poved » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 00:02:13

> Hi there,

> I don't know if I quite understood you, but it sounds
> like you want to set the levels yourself....

> set cntrparam levels disc 0,1,2,3,4

> will give you contours at 0,1,2,3,4 for example.

> Hope that helps.
> Gavin.

> > Hi!

> > I am working in chemical surface modelling and I
> > have
> > an unresolved problem with gnuplot

> > Is the fallow: the commands:

> > set nosurface
> > set contour base
> > set cntrparam levels 45    #Number of contour
> > set cntrparam levels incremental -0.3640,0.002

> > produce the same countour plot (begin from -0.3640,
> > with space between=0.002 units) for all the region
> > of
> > the grid data. I want change in the same plot the
> > "space between" for different regions . For example
> > I want diminish the "space between" in ten times for
> > the x range apart from 4.0 units. How can I do this?

> > It is very important for represent very shallow
> > areas
> > in the potential surface.

> > thank in advance

> > Luis Poveda

> ]]]]

Thank you. I find the solution using the "multiplot" feature as follow:

set multiplot

set nosurface
set contour base
set cntrparam levels 30    #1st Number of contour
set cntrparam levels incremental -0.355,0.01 #1st contour, space
between-1
splot "filename"

set cntrparam levels 10    #2d Number of contour
set cntrparam levels incremental -0.1345,0.001 #2d contour, space
between-2
splot "filename"

and I get the superposition of the two contours, with different "space
between", in the same plot.

Thank again.

you sugestion is good, when there is no so much contours.

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. Properly getting extensions when using an nVidia card

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070

4. SGI Expo Conference Program

5. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2068

6. Creating a Droplet