pstricks export problem

Post by Andreas Kotowic » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:02:48

Hi,

I'm trying to plot some data and export it to pstricks*format. I'm
using following line:

plot "resonanz0.03.dat" ind 0:0 using 1:2 title "{/Symbol d} / {/Symbol
w}_o = 0.03" with points

unfortunately this won't give me any points in my*document after

dots gives me very small dots, that are hardly viewable.
(tex code: \qdisk(0.7058,0.1692){0.0003})
Is there anything I can do about it? Oh, btw, I'm using gnuplot Version
3.7 patchlevel 3

thanks,
andreas

pstricks export problem

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:53:24

> unfortunately this won't give me any points in my*document after

How did you check the output? DVI previewers may not manage PSTricks'
specials, so only actual PostScript generation could tell what really
happens.

If the problem were truly on gnulot's end, I don't see how*would
have accepted gnuplot's output without error messages --- or did you
just not report errors you did get?

pstricks export problem

Post by Gregor Thalhamme » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:10:54

> Hi,

> I'm trying to plot some data and export it to pstricks*format. I'm
> using following line:

> plot "resonanz0.03.dat" ind 0:0 using 1:2 title "{/Symbol d} / {/Symbol
> w}_o = 0.03" with points

> unfortunately this won't give me any points in my*document after

> dots gives me very small dots, that are hardly viewable.
> (tex code: \qdisk(0.7058,0.1692){0.0003})
> Is there anything I can do about it? Oh, btw, I'm using gnuplot Version
> 3.7 patchlevel 3

I remember that at least in version 3.5 there was an error in the
pstricks terminal that led to much too small symbol sizes. Seems has not
been fixed.

Some suggestions
1) correct the error in gnuplot and send a patch to the developers
2) At the beginning of the output of the pstricks terminal there are
some macro definitions. These macro definitions are evaluated only once,
   so you copy these definitions to the beginning of your*document
and apply changes there. Some numbers the govern the size of symbols are
much too small, try to increase them.

Gregor

pstricks export problem

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:52:35

> I remember that at least in version 3.5 there was an error in the
> pstricks terminal that led to much too small symbol sizes. Seems has not
> been fixed.

I've dug into this a bit, and can largely confirm this being an error
in the default "nounit" mode of operation of this driver.  However, if
you

        set term pstricks unit

in gnuplot, and then

        \psset{unit=5in}
        \input{pstricks_output}

in the*file including the plot, it works nicely.  Pre-setting
"unit" may even work in the "unit" mode of gnuplot's driver.  In that
mode, the driver itself outputs a \psset{unit=5in}, but it does so
*after* the point and line types have been defined.  I suspect that
may be too late, and moving it upward could be a quick fix.

The real fix, however, might be a piece of boring work.  Currently,
*all* sizes of objects output by the pstricks driver are hardcoded in
the C code, and thus almost unmodifiable.  They would have to be
turned into C or TeX parametrized sizes for this to work sensibly,
I guess.  Preferrably by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Around May 2002, somebody tried to submit a patch to pstricks.trm that
might have attacked this, but the patch itself never quite made into
the tracker.  It promised to add gnuplot-changeable pointsize,
linewidth, and colour support.  Mr. Anonymous/Nobody, if you're out
there seeing this: please consider re-submitting that patch.

1. pstricks output problem

When I create gnuplot graphs with the pstricks output option, I have
problems.  Specifically, the points area all skewed out far to the
right.  Do anybody have an ideas as to what could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Greg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Frage zum Automatismus "Bildpaket"

3. points in gnuplot with pstricks output

4. WARNING: 3rd Dimension Technologies Info

5. Points with PSTricks

6. Any Fonts available on the NET?

7. PStricks terminal

8. grid gets messed up in 24 & 32 bit True color and 16 bit High color

9. Symbols with PSTricks terminal

10. No point symbols with pstricks?

11. PStricks in 3.6 version

12. set term pstricks ??

13. Comment about the PSTricks driver for GnuPlot 3.6