gnuplot Help

Post by Benjamin John McCan » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:01:16

Hi
I used gnuplot to plot a datafile which has both positive and negative y
values.  I want a horizontal line at y=0 and cannot figure out how to
achieve this.  Is there some way to do this?

Thanks
 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot

]]]]

gnuplot Help

Post by Kamaraju Kusumanch » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:00:16

The following command will draw y=0 line

plot 0

raju

> Hi
> I used gnuplot to plot a datafile which has both positive and negative y
> values.  I want a horizontal line at y=0 and cannot figure out how to
> achieve this.  Is there some way to do this?

> Thanks
>  - -
> [[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
> unsubscribe info-gnuplot

> ]]]]

gnuplot Help

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:46:17

Quote:> Hi
> I used gnuplot to plot a datafile which has both positive and negative y
> values.  I want a horizontal line at y=0 and cannot figure out how to
> achieve this.  Is there some way to do this?

        set xzeroaxis

(And using

        set xtics axis

you can even place the tics on that axis, as is often taught in school).

1. Gnuplot help

I've actually got a couple of questions, the first being "Is this the place
to talk about Gnuplot?"

I've got a file of mapping info where field 1 is the name and fields 2 and 3
are the x,y co-ordinates.  I want to plot these as points with their labels.
Does anyone know how (if?) I can do this?  A neat feature would be the
ability to differentiate the points.  That is, if field 4 was < 20 then the
plot would be a '*', otherwise if it was < 40 then it would get a '+', else
it would get a 'o'.  Finally, I need to invert the Y axis.  That is, 0,0 is
at the upper left and 0,100 is the lower left.  Thanks.

PS.  I'm running Gnuplot 3.0.  It's a damn nice program, my compliments to
        the authors!

jim

--

Education:  information I agree with.
Propaganda: information I disagree with.

                                    <Insert wild guess here>

2. AVI to Videotape?

3. A gnuplot help

4. Bill Gates as he presents the Windows Media Player system crash

5. gnuplot help

6. remote sensing and virtual reality

7. GNUPLOT help

8. gnuplot help