two different ordinate axes.

Post by Florian Heideri » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 07:14:40

Hello!

I want to plot data from 2 files into one graph and the data has
different y-values (for example the one in the range [-1,1] and the
second in the range [50,100]. Can gnuplot generate two ordinates to plot
them into the same diagramm with different y-axes?

Another question:
I'm using the logscale option and the grid option. But I don't get a
logarithmic grid. I want to have grid-lines for example at:
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,...
and not just at the values 1,10,100,...
is this possible?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Florian

--

GNUPG/PGP-Key available at http://www.heiderich.org
 - -

]]]]

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:48:20

> I want to plot data from 2 files into one graph and the data has
> different y-values (for example the one in the range [-1,1] and the
> second in the range [50,100]. Can gnuplot generate two ordinates to plot
> them into the same diagramm with different y-axes?

Yes. See 'help x2tics' and 'help plot' for input about how to use the
secondary y axis.

Quote:> Another question:
> I'm using the logscale option and the grid option. But I don't get a
> logarithmic grid. I want to have grid-lines for example at:
> 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,...
> and not just at the values 1,10,100,...

Logarightmic grids by default get major ticks (with numeric labels)
only at every "decade", at most.  Sub-decade ticks are no labelled,
but they're still there.  To get grid lines for those, too, use

        set grid xtics mxtics ytics mytics

(and "help grid" for details).

two different ordinate axes.

Post by John Bolling » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:28:32

Quote:> Hello!

> I want to plot data from 2 files into one graph and
> the data has
> different y-values (for example the one in the range
> [-1,1] and the
> second in the range [50,100]. Can gnuplot generate
> two ordinates to plot
> them into the same diagramm with different y-axes?

See 'help plot', note the axes option, and 'help
xrange'.

For example:

set y2range [50:100]
plot ... axes x1y2'

Quote:> Another question:
> I'm using the logscale option and the grid option.
> But I don't get a
> logarithmic grid. I want to have grid-lines for
> example at:
> 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,...
> and not just at the values 1,10,100,...
> is this possible?

Yes, but you must set the y-tics yourself.

See 'help xtics'.

For example:

set ytics (1, 2, 3, ...)

Good plotting,

     --jab

=====
John Bollinger, CFA, CMT
www.BollingerBands.com

If you advance far enough, you arrive at the beginning.

]]]]