math-symbols in xlabels -> pdflatex

Post by Tim Frank » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:35:23

Hello,

to include gnuplot diagrams in pdflatex
I use the set term command:

set term mp color solid*psnfss

the resulting file ist converted with:

mpost -tex=latex file.mp

and included in pdflatex with the \includegraphics-command.

I have problems including*commands into the gnuplot file.

set xlabel 'Kr?ngung []'   works fine but

set xlabel 'Kr?ngung $\beta$ []' gives and error message in
Acrobat Reader 5.1 that:

"A font is not listed in the Resources-Directory - Helvetica is used"

But the diagram is not available in the the pdf document.

Omitting the "psnfss" option in gnuplot the diagram including the beta sign
is plotted but the german umlaut '?' and the degree sign is missing.
Additionally the box around the key is somehow to small now and hits the
text.

Has someone an idea to overcome that problem ?
(Best way would be to stick to the mp-terminal, because I found it to have
the best quality later on in the pdf-document)

Best regards,

Tim

1. Help: displaying Math symbols

Hello fellow news readers:
I am looking for some way of displaying mathematical symbols such as integration
matrices, summation etc. Anyone knows where I can get the source code for a
program that will do this?  I was trying to write this using Visual Basic, but
if it is in some other language that is alright too.  Thanks for the help.
Please e-mail.

Vasudaven

2. GLUT Game Mode problems

3. Math symbols, the three dotted therefore

4. Gnuplot FAQ

5. Need math symbols on axes labels for eps output

6. FREE NYC SGI O2/Alias/Wavefront Seminar 12/12

7. Labelling axes with math symbols

8. Contract/Expand Selection [2d]

9. Greek & Math Symbols

10. subscripts and math symbols

11. Math symbols in labels

12. Typing Math Symbols in Adobe Pagemaker

13. eepic in pdflatex