Gnuplot 3D bar graph (How?)

Post by David Chann » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

        I would like to create a 3D bar graph from x,y,z data.
        Version 3.5 manual states that the box size does not work
        with box size so I get a series of vertical lines when I
        would like them to be 3D boxes. How can this be done with
        gnuplot? - I fear it cannot :-(

        Thanks in advance

        Cheers David

 David Channon                                .-_|\
 Department of Computer Science              /     \
 The University of Newcastle                 \.--._/
 NSW, 2308, AUSTRALIA                             v

 URL   : http://wwwcs.newcastle.edu.au/Research/VMRG/dchannon.html
 not tried it." -- Donald E. Knuth

1. Using gnuplot To Simulate Bar Graph

I'm using gnuplot to simulate a bar graph; using the "with boxes" commands
is the closest I've been able to come to it.  If anyone knows a better way,
I'd be interested in hearing about it.  Is there a way to remove the x and y
axis lines that run between the tic marks?  I need to keep the x and y tic
marks but remove the vertical and horizontal lines that join them, they
interfere with the appearance of the bars [boxes]?  I have created an index
(Word format) of the gnuplot manual if anyone is interested; maybe one
already exists but I wasn't able to find it.

James A. Williams
Senior UNIX Systems Administrator
SCT Corporation
AT&T Broadband Atlanta Data Center
770-559-2383 (Office)
877-451-6972 (Pager)
770-365-2708 (Cellular)

2. making a seemless bg image?

3. Generating Bar Graphs with GNUPlot

4. Does anyone have experience with this algorithm?

5. bar graphs in gnuplot

6. fly's eye view filter

7. bar graphs with gnuplot?

8. 2D or 3D bar graphs?

9. 3d bar graphs

10. 3D bar graphs

11. Can I do 3D bar plots in gnuplot?

12. Need graph plotting program for UNIX -- not gnuplot or graph