epslatex terminal gives no latex output

Post by steven mestdag » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:36:03

hello,

when i use
set terminal epslatex;set output "example.eps"
and execute a plot command, i get two files, "example.eps" containing the
plot in eps format, and "example.tex" which is empty! do i need to execute
additional commands to get the*output into that file?
or is there something wrong with the epslatex terminal?
i use gnuplot 3.7.3.

steven.

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:57:01

> hello,
> when i use
> set terminal epslatex;set output "example.eps"
> and execute a plot command, i get two files, "example.eps" containing the
> plot in eps format, and "example.tex" which is empty! do i need to execute
> additional commands to get the*output into that file?

Are you sure you closed the output again, using the command

        set output

(without any arguments), before checking for the files?

1. epslatex and figure integration in Latex

Hallo,

I'm using the new experimental epslatex terminal by Gregor Thalhammer
and love it's pdfLaTeX compatibility!
I'm encountering a problem in including the output.
I need to place two graphics on one page and do that usually by saying

\begin{minipage}
        \includegraphics{.....}
        \vspace{\floatsep}
        \includegraphics{.....}
        \caption{blabla}
\end{minipage}

However, when the upper \includegraphics is substituted by
\input{<epslatexoutput>}, this construct doesn't work anymore and the x
axsis tag directly touches the lower graphics.
Help, explanations, work arounds?

Thanks for any hint, Johannes

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Help with cvtgif .PCX -> .GIF converter

3. terminal epslatex

4. Hack GeForce 1/ 2 to Quadro 1/ 2 Database

5. color plots on latex terminal

6. Help! I need some industry professionals to answer some questions for my portfolio class

7. terminal latex

8. Again Tootip

9. mp-terminal and latex-strings

10. Arrows with emtex/LaTeX-terminal

11. Gnuplot3.7 and LaTex terminal option

12. eepic and latex terminal modes

13. help! about terminal latex/pslatex