dumping resulting 3d grid data from splot to file

dumping resulting 3d grid data from splot to file

Post by Gregor von Laszewsk » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi:

        I does someone know how to dump the resulting 3 d grid
data to a file after I generate them with splot (and different
norms)?

        My problem is I have irregular distributed x,y values and
for each a z value. I would like to have

        a) a 3-d plot with it
        b) a contour plot with it (gray scale)

Gnuplot allows me to use different norms to interpolate to a regular
grid. Now I would like to dump the values of the grid to a file,
so I can use it as input to another plotting package, which
unfortunatly only allows array inputs and not arbitrary x,y
locations.

Post by Jens Emmeric » Mon, 24 Jun 1996 04:00:00

    GvL> Hi: I does someone know how to dump the resulting 3 d grid
    GvL> data to a file after I generate them with splot (and
    GvL> different norms)?

    GvL>     My problem is I have irregular distributed x,y values
    GvL> and for each a z value. I would like to have

    GvL>     a) a 3-d plot with it b) a contour plot with it (gray
    GvL> scale)

    GvL> Gnuplot allows me to use different norms to interpolate to a
    GvL> regular grid. Now I would like to dump the values of the grid
    GvL> to a file, so I can use it as input to another plotting
    GvL> package, which unfortunatly only allows array inputs and not
    GvL> arbitrary x,y locations.

Try set term table. You probably need some postprocessing.

Jens

Jens Emmerich, Paul Scherrer Institut, CH-5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland

1. dumping resulting 3d grid data from splot to file

In gnuplot 3.6, the 'table' terminal saves the plotted data to the file
specified by 'set output'.  Thus if you plot contours or a mesh generated
by 'dgrid3d' or a spline fit to data, you can save those results for
subsequent use.

I don't know if gnuplot 3.5 does the same --- I know it doesn't save contours.

2. Invert tiff

3. Removing the iso-x-grid lines from a splot defined by grid data

4. x, y-axes

5. Using set hidden 3d with grid data in splot

6. Need help on Image recogintion!

7. splot-error: cannot contour non grid data!

8. F.S. QUANTEL EDIT BOX

9. Can I get a grid in the 3d splot Version and more

10. Possible bug w/ multifunction splots from file-based data in 3.7.1

11. splot data file

12. question of splot using data file

13. Grid vs. non-grid data