info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2064

Post by gavin buxt » Sat, 31 May 2003 22:37:42

hi, try this.....

set xrange[0:50]
set style data boxes
plot 'temp.dat' u (0.5*($1+$2+1)):3

This seems to work for the way you have your data set
out.

Hope this works. Gnuplot would appear to want the x
data to be the middle point of the box, not the
boundaries. I've never really used it though, so
someone else might know more.

Bye,

Gavin.

Quote:> Dear holders of gnuplot wisdom,
>      I am trying to generate histograms from a file
> using gnuplot. Being a
> gnuplot newbie, I tried usual sources to get the
> information.
> Googling across web/groups mostly gave results that
> spoke about "Filled
> histograms". From what I gathered, there are ways to
> get around
> the problem.

> However, what I need is to be able to plot empty
> bars. Example:

>     |-|
>     | |
>   |-| |
> |-| | |
> | | | |
> |---------

> Data File contains the following data:

> x-axis classes   y axis value (bar peak)

>  0 9     203
>  10 19    0

>  20 29    0

>  30 39    0

>  40 49    0

]]]]

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. 3d studio max version 1

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070