info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2113

Post by gavin buxt » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:47:38

Good luck,

By the way, what is the log of -5.56789 just out of
curiosity? I think you'll find that other programmes
can't do it either.... and if your data is already
logged as you indicate (exp of  -5.56789 is small)
then maybe you should just plot it as it is (you can
change the xtics and ytics to make it look more
'loggy') or plot the exponential of your data. Either
way the problem is not with gnuplot!

Gavin.

Quote:> Hello,

> I want to plot a graph with logscale axis both x and
> y ( as the values to
> be plotted are in log). The difficulty is that the
> values for y-axis are
> in negative logscale (base 10) i.e. -5.567890.
> Whenever I try to plot the
> values with logscale axis (x and y) it gives me a
> messgae "all points
> undefined". If I try to set the yrange as [-11:1.0]
> it gives the message
> "y range must be greater than 0 for log scale!" . I
> am struck is there
> anyway to get around it or I will have to forget
> plotting with gnuplot.

> Subir

]]]]

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. KaleidaGraph Question?

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070

4. Haven't seen any posts from Artie lately

5. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2068

6. DLLs

7. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2064

8. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2062