info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2118

Post by gavin buxt » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:20:09

Hi,

As far as I'm aware you can't do it with set title,
you have to use the set label command. You can then
put it in as C syntax, i.e.,

set label 'a = %3.5g',m

see help label. Hope this helps,

Gavin.

Quote:> Hello,
> I need to do something that I could not find in the
> help, or in the FAQ,
> and I would like
> to know if its possible to do that, and how.

> I am passing some arguments to a "call" function,
> and inside the call I
> do some calculation
> with these numbers, like using them to automatically
> rescale axes,
> etc.... Everything is ok, the
> plots are generated ok, but I would like to put in
> the title or in the
> key the value of this
> internal result. To put it simple, I don't know how
> to put the value of
> m in the xxx place of the
> following example:

> gnuplot>call "file.gnp" 1 1

]]]]

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. A couple of new pix here.

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070