Multiple plots in one window?

Post by Stephen R. Beme » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to put multiple plots in one window.  the FAQ (Q4.4)
states:
        Can I put multiple plots on a single page?
        Yes, with the multiplot.shar mod, or if you are running
        gnuplot 3.6

I have two questions about this:

  1)  Where can I get 3.6.  At the ftp site, 3.5 seems to be the
      latest.
  2)  The FAQ question above talks about multiple plots on single
      _page_.  Does this only have to do with paper output, or can
      I get multiple plots in a window.

Steve Bement                           voice: (206) 662-0786

Multiple plots in one window?

Post by crawford richa » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to put multiple plots in one window.  the FAQ (Q4.4)
> states:
>    Can I put multiple plots on a single page?
>    Yes, with the multiplot.shar mod, or if you are running
>    gnuplot 3.6

> I have two questions about this:

>   1)  Where can I get 3.6.  At the ftp site, 3.5 seems to be the
>       latest.

3.6 is available via anonymous ftp at cmpc1.phys.soton.ac.uk.  The
source is in /pub; lots of useful stuff (including some executables)
is in /incoming.

Quote:>   2)  The FAQ question above talks about multiple plots on single
>       _page_.  Does this only have to do with paper output, or can
>       I get multiple plots in a window.

"page" here is generic -- it's shorter than "the plotting surface
appropriate for the selected terminal type".

Multiple plots in one window?

Post by Svante Wellershof » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi.

If you just want to have multiple plots on a single page you might
use mpage (or postprint):

set term post
set out '|mpage -4 > file.ps'
plot 1
plot 2
plot 3
plot 4
set out
set term x11

But plotting multiple diagrams in a single plot (perhaps touching (?) each
other), (I am not talking about multiple graphs in a single plot!) is something
I don't know about, too. If that's possible (with 3.6), I will be happy, if
someone could post it (Richard?).

Another question about mpage: in the example mpage obviously a pipe is kept
open by gnuplot till the last plot is done. Does someone know how to use
this possibily with tcsh? I mean, using mpage for four different ps-files
to put them together to a single one on the prompt?

Svante

1. multiple plots in one window

how can i have say 2 different plots in one window and save them in a tex file
to have something like this

   ---------     ----------
   |       |     |        |
   | first |     | second |
   | curves|     | curves |
   |       |     |        |
   ---------     ----------

just with regular gnuplot (no extension of any kind).
i know it is possible but i forgot how to do it...

--

           )|(  ?
          (o o)

             ******* l'etat du grand camion.

2. Object Creation by Path (CS)

3. Multiple plots in one window?

4. L[6] on WIN98

5. Plotting multiple curves on the same window, with multiple color

6. Progressive Meshes / Edge Contraction

7. multiple concurrent plot windows under X window system

8. HyperVoxels shader page fault!!

9. Plotting multiple elements on one graph?

10. multiple plots from one data file

11. Multiple Yaxis ranges in one plot

12. multiple fits in one plot

13. Multiple ranges on one plot