info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2070

Post by gavin buxt » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:48:51

Hi,

Your right it doesn't plot this properly, and I think
your right its probably because the number becomes
incredibly small. One way around this though is to
plot

plot (x<-20?0:(x>20?0:exp(-x**2)))

which defines a function which is zero less than -20
and greater than 20, but is exp(-x**2) inbetween thos
values. This works, but its somewhat of a fix. Maybe
someone knows exactly why this happens? But I hope
this helps

Gavin.

        difficulties plotting exp(-x**2) in the range

Quote:> [x=-100:100]

]]]]

1. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2094

Hi,

You can control the size of the plotting using xrange
and yrange, which gives you the limits, or bounds, of
your plot. And if you want them to look the same then
you can use set xtics to put the tics where you want,
and also whatever you want. For example....

set xrange[0:10]
set yrange[0:10]
set xtics ("low" 0, "medium" 5, "high" 10)

Set size only changes the size of the graph relative
to the paper, for example if you want to try and make
it look square or something. Hope this helps.....

Gavin.

]]]]

2. Graphic Card add-ons...

3. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2068

4. WIP + need ideas. Greek soldier.

5. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2064

6. Wanted: Drag-n-Drop app to remove custom ic

7. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2062

8. OFF: Calculating flattened RGB values

9. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2056

10. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2028

11. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2022

12. info-gnuplot-digest V1 #2014