How to generate Bar Chart with GNUPLOT?

Post by Steven Leun » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I tried to generate a simple Bar chart with gnuplot. I don't know how to
tell gnuplot to fill the box
if I use the box approach. (The few *steps style don't work for me as I
need to pack multiple
histograms together.) So, I tried the impulses style with a big
linewidth. That works - but on
the screen only. When I set the terminal to PNG color, the output is the
same as with the default
linewidth (I guess it's 1). Anyone know how to fix this?

Another thing: I'm able to set the background color when plotting it out
on x11 term. But when output
to PNG files, my specified background color is gone. Anyone know how to
set the background color or
specify the background to be transparent for the PNG output?

Any ideas/suggestions? I'm using the latest version (2.7.1) just
compiled yesterday.

Steven

How to generate Bar Chart with GNUPLOT?

Post by Bernhard Reit » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I tried to generate a simple Bar chart with gnuplot. I don't know how to
> tell gnuplot to fill the box if I use the box approach.

Check out examples at
http://www.usf.uni-osnabrueck.de/~breiter/tools/gnuplot/barchart.en.html

        Bernhard
--
Professional Service around Free Software                (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)