How to draw dotted lines in digram?

Post by Kuan Zho » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:06:16

Hi,
   I am drawing the curves from data. But I can't draw dotted lines
like "- - - - -".Does any one know how to draw it?
   Thank you very much!

sincerely
-------------
Kuan Zhou
ECSE department

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 03:08:41

> Hi,
>    I am drawing the curves from data. But I can't draw dotted lines
> like "- - - - -".Does any one know how to draw it?

That depends on what terminal driver you're using. You may have to pass an
option on the 'set terminal' line to activate dashed lines.

1. Wanted: algorithm for drawing dotted and dashed lines

Does anyone know of a good source for information on drawing
2-D dotted and dashed lines (and combinations) if the only
line capability your machine has are the basic moveto(x,y) and
lineto(x,y) functions.

It would seem easy at first glance, but consider the problem of
keeping the dots (or dashes) the same distance apart when the
line is not vertical or horizontal.  A similar problem occurs
trying to keep a uniform line thickness.

Thanks in advance,
Douglas Rupp

[Moderator's Note: Are the x,y locations integer? i.e. the machine can't
do fine positioning of the endpoints of lines? If so, short dashes will
look just terrible if each is drawn as a moveto/lineto pair. It should look
a little straighter if you draw the whole line as one moveto/lineto, then
somehow draw the gaps in the background color. Or, of course, you could
write your own modified line routine to do the same thing. Even so, assuming
there is no antialiasing, even with micropositioning of endpoints, short
(2-5 pixels long) lines aren't ever going to look really great at slopes
other than 0, +/- 1, and +/- infinity, and single pixel dotted lines will look
just terrible. -- JRM]
--

2. dll files

3. Drawing a line of dots

4. Urgent!

5. Drawing Dotted Lines

6. Designer site

7. Howto draw 1pixel-dotted-lines (like DrawFocusrect)

8. how to draw DOT line and pen width more than one pixel

9. Availability of dotted, dashed, single dot and dashed line type

10. dotted lines

11. Arbitrary dot surface -> line/mesh surface

12. Straight faint (or dotted) lines?