terminal epslatex

Post by Dominique HEI » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:31:00

Hello,

The terminal epslatex doesn't work with gnuplot-3.7.3 and
gnuplot-3.8i.0. Indeed, it should write two files : filename.tex and
filename.eps. But the last file is never written. It seems to be a bug.
This terminal is very useful when you compile with latex/pdflatex
because it uses \includegraphics{filename}, ie without filename
extension.

Therefore, in order to be able to insert my figure in a .tex file and be
able to switch from*to pdflatex and conversely, I use the
following process :

set term pslatex aux
set out "filename.tex"
plot ...
set out
set term epslatex
set out "filename.tex"
plot ...
set out

Thus, I get the .ps file with the terminal pslatex and I get the 'right'
tex file with the terminal epslatex. It works !

Does someone experienced the same problem and/or give me a hint ?

Regards

Dominique Heitz
 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot

]]]]

terminal epslatex

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:12:20

> gnuplot-3.8i.0. Indeed, it should write two files : filename.tex and
> filename.eps. But the last file is never written. It seems to be a bug.

No, it's a usage error.  Read "help epslatex" again, closely, to see
why instead of

Quote:> set out "filename.tex"

you should have written

  set out "filename.eps"

1. epslatex terminal gives no latex output

hello,

when i use
set terminal epslatex;set output "example.eps"
and execute a plot command, i get two files, "example.eps" containing the
plot in eps format, and "example.tex" which is empty! do i need to execute
additional commands to get the latex output into that file?
or is there something wrong with the epslatex terminal?
i use gnuplot 3.7.3.

steven.

2. Converting 24bit to 8bit.

3. terminal gif vs terminal png

4. HELP - 3D Graphics

5. EPSLaTeX and points

6. HELP! Need Mac C/G program

7. set key below doesn't produce anything in epslatex

8. epslatex and linecolor

9. epslatex: why different symbols?

10. Arrow problem in epslatex

11. epslatex and multiplot - difficultys

12. epslatex and style data points