scale axis

Post by Bernhard Hiddin » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:03:43

Hallo,
I didn't found help on this in the help file or using google
group:comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot,
although it seems a simple problem.

In my plot, i specify an xrange[0.0:20]. The resulting graph, however, shows
only the numbers 0;5;10;15 and 20 on the x-axis. I want the increment of the
displayed numbers on the x-axis to be 1, however.
How can I do this?

Thanks,
Bernhard Hidding

scale axis

Post by gomb.. » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:01:20

Hello,

Quote:> Hallo,
> I didn't found help on this in the help file or using google
> group:comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot,
> although it seems a simple problem.

> In my plot, i specify an xrange[0.0:20]. The resulting graph, however, shows
> only the numbers 0;5;10;15 and 20 on the x-axis. I want the increment of the
> displayed numbers on the x-axis to be 1, however.
> How can I do this?

set xtics 1

I hope this is your solution.

Best,
Krisztian

Quote:

> Thanks,
> Bernhard Hidding

1. Plotting 2d data - auto scaling y axis

I need to plot some two dimentional data in a coordinate system
and I would like the routine to do auto scaling of the y coordinates,
with 'nice' and round numbers on the y axis. I think I have read
somewhere that such an algorithm has been mentioned in some volume
of the Graphic Gems. However I do not have access to these books, but
I also have some vague memory telling me that all the source code for
these books are available via ftp.

If anybody know this algorithm or where I can obtain the source code
for it, please reply to this post.

Thanks in advance..
--

Student in Operational Research, Informatics,   | won't get upset if you come
Economics and Management at the Norwegian Inst. | home with another beer.

2. draw a line using TChart

3. Q: how to scale on camera axis only?

4. ImageTech'97

5. Help Needed: Scales on Graph Axis

6. 49 frames

7. Scale along local axes

8. Automatic scaling of x-axis

9. 2 y-axes with different scales

10. Other axis scaling

11. Same data, different scales on different axis

12. splot with same scale for all three axis