EPSLaTeX and points

Post by James Myat » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:14:10

I'm using the EPSLaTeX terminal, and I'd like to specify the colour and
style of the points used to plot the data. How do I do this without checking
randomly through a lot of different numbers?

TIA,

James

EPSLaTeX and points

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:42:26

> I'm using the EPSLaTeX terminal, and I'd like to specify the colour and
> style of the points used to plot the data. How do I do this without checking
> randomly through a lot of different numbers?

You output the test page once.  Its key contains a dictionary of linetypes
and pointtypes available in a terminal driver.

        set term epslatex color solid
        set out 'testpage.eps'
        test
        set out

Now run the resulting page through TeX and dvips and view/print it.

1. Colour of points in epslatex term

Hi

I would like to add colour to points in the epslatex term. I have tried to
'test' epslatex col but I can't figure out if it is possible.

If I choose:
set term epslatex col

everything in my plot turns red. I believe this is because I am using the
multiplot environment. I do something like:

set size 1.2, 2.8
set term epslatex col
set output 'crap.eps'
set style line 1 lw 0.1
set style line 2 lt 1 lw 1
set border 15 ls 2
set multiplot
plot [0:0.86][0:1] 'crap1' notitle with points pt 9 ps 0.8
plot [0:0.86][0:1] 'crap2' notitle with points pt 72 ps 0.8
plot [0:0.86][0:1] 'crap3' notitle with lines ls 1
plot [0:0.86][0:1] 'crap4' notitle with lines ls 1
...... goes on and on

I would like the lines to be black ..... I just want the points to be
coloured (Well, some lines could actually be coloured but I suppose that
can be solved if the problem with the points can.) The pt's are actually
from the pslatex auxfile terminal but they seem to do the job in the
epslatex world.

BUT ... is it possible to control the colour and the type of points
individually in this input file?

Jens

2. Trouble with layers?

3. epslatex and style data points

4. Two excellent books for graphics.

5. terminal epslatex

6. Character Animation

7. set key below doesn't produce anything in epslatex

8. Resizing image

9. epslatex terminal gives no latex output

10. Fuzzy look in epslatex

11. epslatex linestyles

12. epslatex and figure integration in Latex

13. epslatex and multiplot - difficultys