Maya Renderer

Post by Aidy » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know when maya's renderer is going to be improved...as it is v.slow

--
Aidy

Maya Renderer

Post by SelRecor » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Dear Aidy,

I just did a web site for a london based animation company and a guy there was
rewriting something furiously so that IPR would work with Maya 2.5.

Don't ask me, he is French, speaks little English and I'm a LightWave guy!

(Which could explain why I'm doing *y web sites... humph)

Yours,
Richard :o)

Maya Renderer

Post by Aidy » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Dear Aidy,

> I just did a web site for a london based animation company and a guy there
was
> rewriting something furiously so that IPR would work with Maya 2.5.

> Don't ask me, he is French, speaks little English and I'm a LightWave guy!

> (Which could explain why I'm doing *y web sites... humph)

> Yours,
> Richard :o)

I thought IPR did work in Maya2.5.......but hey cheers for the reply and
could you elaborate a bit more about the frenchman and his scripts..

thanks

Maya Renderer

Post by Thomas Brigg » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>> Dear Aidy,

>> I just did a web site for a london based animation company and a guy
there
>was
>> rewriting something furiously so that IPR would work with Maya 2.5.

>> Don't ask me, he is French, speaks little English and I'm a LightWave
guy!

>> (Which could explain why I'm doing *y web sites... humph)

>> Yours,
>> Richard :o)

>I thought IPR did work in Maya2.5.......but hey cheers for the reply and
>could you elaborate a bit more about the frenchman and his scripts..

>thanks

What he probably means is something I considered writing for Maya- an
Explore exporter so you could use the old and superior Explore renderer.   I
want to know why French guys are so good at writing renderers and associated
programs.  The guys at MacGuff Ligne wrote an incredible pipelined
rendering/compositing tool that built on the Explore renderer to allow
animators to see IPR renders and finished composites together.   It went a
long way to eliminate the patchwork quilt look of so many films that spread
out 3D and comping to different companies.

1. bmrt vs maya renderer

Hi folks!

- is there any good reason to use the BMRT instead of mayas inbuilt
renderer?
which one is the faster and gives better quality

- is there any incompatibility issue when talking about maya and
poweranimator?

- bmrt is a 100% renderman clone? (when about compatibility)

thanks

Ikladi Andras
-----------------

2. educational version and upgradability

3. maya renderer...

4. PSP newsletter

5. Maya renderer: what's wrong with it?

6. Simple Triangle Question