A7 wires -> A6 wires

Post by ElecDrea » Sun, 10 Mar 1996 04:00:00

You can save wire out as IGES from V7 and load them back in V6.  However,
you loose all shader/environment/camera information.  You also need to
have V7 of PowerAnimator to have IGES output option.

1. DXF to wire-model OR wire-model editor

Hello all!  I'm looking for software that'll input an DXF (or
similarly popular cad file format - IGES?) file
and output a tesselated version of the object.  (i.e. outputs
a file with a bunch of lines/edges in 3-space)  Anyone know of
any such software?

OR

(and I think this would actually be better yet) I am also looking
for some type of wire-model editor.  Sort of a cheezy CAD program
that I can use to generate simple wire models.  Circles and Arcs
would reduce to a bunch of lines (or I could code THAT up myself)
Somebody PLEASE tell me that there's some shareware out there that'll
do something like this!!

I'd appreciate any info about either of these items!  Thanks in
advance for any help!

Douglas Haanpaa

2. needed: a couple of picture frame URLs

3. Alias wire to Maya wire question

4. 2D and 3D rendering

5. Solid Material -> Wire Material (Morphing)

6. cross sections -> wire frame model

7. SDL--->Wire

8. SDL > WIRE

9. HELP!! How can I mix a wire material with a non-wire gradiently (in MAX)??

10. HELP: How can I mix a wire material with a non-wire in MAX?????

11. Improved Wire Frame? (or shared edge wire?)