What is Mathmatica?

Post by Nick » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:16:14

I've seen a few threads re: Mathmatica. What is it and what does it do (can
do)?

My browser is having issues atm so i can't google it.

Nick.

What is Mathmatica?

Post by Tom » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:37:41

Its a math program that can solve calculus equations linear algebra,
Diffeq's etc, and do 3D plots.

Quote:> I've seen a few threads re: Mathmatica. What is it and what does it do
(can
> do)?

> My browser is having issues atm so i can't google it.

> Nick.

What is Mathmatica?

Post by Nick » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:41:23

ah ok, so it doesn't turn a fractal for example into a static 3d model!

> Its a math program that can solve calculus equations linear algebra,
> Diffeq's etc, and do 3D plots.

> > I've seen a few threads re: Mathmatica. What is it and what does it do
> (can
> > do)?

> > My browser is having issues atm so i can't google it.

> > Nick.

What is Mathmatica?

Post by Tom » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:09:35

I dont think so. If it does 3D fractals Im not aware of it. It does 3D plots
that can be exported to .dxf?? which can be imported into Maya. I could only
apply colors to the imports, no bump maping or anything, so that was a let
down.

> ah ok, so it doesn't turn a fractal for example into a static 3d model!

> > Its a math program that can solve calculus equations linear algebra,
> > Diffeq's etc, and do 3D plots.

> > > I've seen a few threads re: Mathmatica. What is it and what does it do
> > (can
> > > do)?

> > > My browser is having issues atm so i can't google it.

> > > Nick.

What is Mathmatica?

Post by Nick » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:08:49

Ah ok, still sounds neat! When my internet is back up i will check it out.
Cheers mate!