How many frames for 20 seconds?

Post by djmasala.co » Fri, 30 May 2003 05:06:17

Hi,
     How many frames would I need in my Maya file, to create a 20 second
clip when rendering?  What playback speed should I set it to?

Thanks!

--
www.djmasala.com

How many frames for 20 seconds?

Post by m.. » Fri, 30 May 2003 08:56:39

For a default 24 Frames Pers Second movie you would need 480 frames. But
when you want a high frame rate for axample 72FPS you would need 1440
frames.

Basicly you calculate it like this:

Required FPS * seconds = frames.

Greetz Mark.

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Paul Gunso » Fri, 30 May 2003 09:49:40

>      How many frames would I need in my Maya file, to create a 20 second
> clip when rendering?  What playback speed should I set it to?

... what is your output..? PAL video 25 fps, NTSC video 30 fps, film 24 fps.

How many frames for 20 seconds?

Post by Obak » Fri, 30 May 2003 16:37:27

Quote:>Hi,
>     How many frames would I need in my Maya file, to create a 20 second
>clip when rendering?  What playback speed should I set it to?

>Thanks!

how long should a piece of string be?  depends on what you're going to use it
for.

broadcast tv standards are PAL 30fps, NTSC 25fps, FILM 24fps.  but if for web
or you want to reduce the file size, you could use 1/2 that, or if theres very
little motion, even less.  playback shouldn't matter, the player will detect
the fps and play it accordingly.

remember that if you add audio, you'll have to sync it

How many frames for 20 seconds?

Post by djmasala.co » Fri, 30 May 2003 17:11:28

Thanks Mark,  appreciate the help.  480 frames sounds enough for me!  One
more thing, how do I actually render my file?  What process do I go
through?  i.e. what menus and options do I click in order to get the AVI
file?  I've done it once before, but I cant remember how!!

> For a default 24 Frames Pers Second movie you would need 480 frames. But
> when you want a high frame rate for axample 72FPS you would need 1440
> frames.

> Basicly you calculate it like this:

> Required FPS * seconds = frames.

> Greetz Mark.

> > Hi,
> >      How many frames would I need in my Maya file, to create a 20 second
> > clip when rendering?  What playback speed should I set it to?

> > Thanks!

> > --
> > www.djmasala.com

How many frames for 20 seconds?

Post by Ludvig Tune » Sat, 31 May 2003 19:30:15

It was probably just a typo anyway but it could be confusing for those who
don't know.
PAL is 25 fps
NTSC is 30 fps

(and to be completely correct, NTSC is 29.97 fps or 30 fps dropframe.)

/Ludde

--
_________________________
Ludvig Tunel

Remove NO_ and _SPAM from mail address to mail me

Quote:>>> http://www.againsttcpa.com <<<

_________________________

> >Hi,
> >     How many frames would I need in my Maya file, to create a 20 second
> >clip when rendering?  What playback speed should I set it to?

> >Thanks!

> how long should a piece of string be?  depends on what you're going to use
it
> for.

> broadcast tv standards are PAL 30fps, NTSC 25fps, FILM 24fps.  but if for
web
> or you want to reduce the file size, you could use 1/2 that, or if theres
very
> little motion, even less.  playback shouldn't matter, the player will
detect
> the fps and play it accordingly.

> remember that if you add audio, you'll have to sync it

1. 20 second POV animation about an inhabited solar power plant

You can download at my new site http://yi.com/home/Pege/
a 20 second animation about an extreme solar architecture
house turning after the sun (1585 kb)
or the source files used to produce this animation by
POV 2.2 (364 kb)
--

http://yi.com/home/Pege/
Chevalier M?sl Roland - founder of PEGE -

2. Can I merge 2 scenes into 1 so they run consecutively?

3. 20 films per second

4. 8 bit image --> Gif or Tiff

5. Looking t cut movie into 10 - 20 individual images 1 second apart

6. Rendering order?

7. Apologies/Please Ignore Flakes1a.tga 01/20-20/20

8. Question on intersection point of ray and planar polygon

9. #rand & #while question - Flakes1a.tga [20/20]

10. Looking for 20-20

11. What's 20-20?

12. VideoShop: frames per second info?

13. What can achieve 30 frames per second?