particles question #x

Post by Maximilian Schoenhe » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

this is an easy one for all yee x-perienced ones:

when i create an animation with particles, will the particle always show
exactly the same behaviour when i render the animation two times? or are
there random elements in the algorithm which change the output?

from cologne, germany

----max

k l e i n e                                      w e l t

particles question #x

:
: when i create an animation with particles, will the particle always show
: exactly the same behaviour when i render the animation two times? or are
: there random elements in the algorithm which change the output?

Unless U save the particle, it will always be different between two
rendering, but the difference is very small actually...

Cheers
Kenny Chan

: from cologne, germany
:
: ----max
:
: k l e i n e                                      w e l t
: --------------------------------------------------------

particles question #x

Post by Maximilian Schoenhe » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

answer a)

Quote:>it will always render identically.

answer b)

Quote:>it will always be different between two rendering

so, what's the truth?

----max

k l e i n e                                      w e l t

particles question #x

Post by David Johnso » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> when i create an animation with particles, will the particle always show
> exactly the same behaviour when i render the animation two times? or are
> there random elements in the algorithm which change the output?

Hi max,
        "random" is a strange thing in computers, because they are so
predictable. Random number generators usually spit out exactly the same
string of numbers if they are started the same way, so they use a 'seed'
number to kick them off. If this 'seed' is generated internally it is
often taken from some part of the system that changes rapidly, like the
number of cpu cycles since boot up.
        with particles you cant specify a seed, so you rely on the internal
algorithms. I have found that two lights with the same parameters on
them will generate exacly the same set of particles. To give the
appearance of randomness you use things like turbulance and slight
varying of the generation parameters (though i would have liked the
ability to seed each particle emitter my self).

regards,
david

--
David Johnson
http://www.animagrafx.com.au

http://www.access.net.au/~veryvery

1. Adv. Particle Question-particles emiting particles

Hello all,
Is it possible in Max2.5 for particles to emit other particles.
Specifically, lets say you use PBomb to explode a mesh (instead of Bomb
so you can use deflection, etc.), can the mesh faces, which are
technically "particles" emit another particle system such as smoke.  I
recall reading something about spawning but I am not sure if this would
be the way to do it.  I am specifically thinking about how in Alias, you
can explode a mesh and have the faces emit smoke but still be affected
by environmental variables such as wind, deflection, etc. because
essentially a "particle" is linked to each surface that allows it to
deflect etc., but the mesh face itself, which is not technically a
particle, emits the smoke system.  Maybe it is just terminology but do
you see the difference?  How do you do this in Max?

2. Maya 2.5 boolean animatable now

3. Particles, particles particles

4. Getting points on a bezier curve with same distance

5. MTOR And Maya Particles question

6. intel AVI problems (lense flare?)

7. Question on air particles

8. Elastic cylinder

9. Particle Studio question...

10. cebas thinking particles vs. digimation particle studio

11. 3dsR4 / Question about Particles and UVW maps!!

12. Particle Question.

13. Particle Displace Question...