Rendering Service Bureau?

Post by Paul W » Thu, 09 Oct 1997 04:00:00

--------------F9C8E63DA1826B6AD3ADE792

check out http://www.veryComputer.com/

They are a network render service bureau.

> Anyone know of a service bureau which can render Alias files? My O2 is

> * on some of my work, I remember seeing some place at one point
> which ran an Alias render on a Power Challenge, that would do the
> trick.

> Thanks in advance,

> John

--------------F9C8E63DA1826B6AD3ADE792

begin:          vcard
fn:             Paul Wu
n:              Wu;Paul
org:            Electric Dreams, Inc.
adr:            13891 Newport Ave., Ste. 285;;;Tustin;CA;92680;USA

title:          President
tel;work:       714-573-2112
tel;fax:        714-573-0948
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

Post by r.. » Thu, 09 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Anyone know of a service bureau which can render Alias files? My O2 is
> * on some of my work, I remember seeing some place at one point
> which ran an Alias render on a Power Challenge, that would do the trick.

> Thanks in advance,

> John

-------------------------------------

One that I know of (but have never worked with) is ColorImage
http://www.veryComputer.com/
They boast Alias rendering, but I don't know what hardware they're
using.
All of the particulars are available at their site.

Good Luck!

Rob

Eye-poppin' 3D art  / Silicon Graphics / Macintosh /  Alias|Wavefront

Rob Magiera                          |               tel 801-943-3650

http://www.veryComputer.com/         |

Rendering Service Bureau?

Post by Nick Wolfgra » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Anyone know of a service bureau which can render Alias files? My O2 is
> * on some of my work, I remember seeing some place at one point
> which ran an Alias render on a Power Challenge, that would do the trick.

> Thanks in advance,

> John

 John, we have a Power Challenge 16CPU R10K running PowerCaster/Tracer.

Failing that, get back  to me.

Regards, Nick Wolfgram

--
Nick Wolfgram
Webmaster

+64 9 3737599 x6580

1. Rendering service bureaus

What experiences, opinions, flames, horror-stories, etc with rendering
service bureaus does anyone have that they would kindly share via email?
Is this a viable service to offer the CG community?, and if so what
kind of attributes are crucial to make such a service valuable to
the animation business, i.e. T1 connectivity, WWW online forms/billing,
breadth of rendering applications supported, support staff availability,
etc. What other features might be offered, and what kind of rates (cpu/hr),
are reasonable. And lastly, who else is out there?

I am asking because I may have an opportunity to help set up such a
service. A group that I do consulting for has a bunch of SGI R4.4k
Indys that are under-utilized, and they are looking at ways to maximize
their investment. Rendering has been an absolute time-killer for me
on past projects, and my machine is not very useable when prman is
chugging away, eating ram and swap, and I'am not the only one who
has experienced this, I'am sure. Any ideas would be welcome, and I will
post a summary of responses.

Thanks!

Dave Ruigh

FYI: I'am familiar with Renderman, BMRT, Vertigo, and Alias, but info relating
to all rendering systems are welcome.

Any opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily represent the
opinions or policies of Amdahl Corporation. So there.

2. Free 3D Model Viewer...

3. Plugins for Maya