UV Channel in RLA/IFF

UV Channel in RLA/IFF

Post by Insett » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:47:21



As i see in docs, Maya render do not export UV data on additional
channel. Am i right? Even with render passes is not possible to export
UV data, is it?

Insect.

 
 
 

UV Channel in RLA/IFF

Post by Karl Lilje newsgrou » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:27:26


Hiya!
Please explain more: do you need to view the UV's in an animation or
something?
Otherwise you can export the UV data via the UV Texture Editor (Window->UV
Texture Editor)
and under the polygons menu ->UV snapshot.

Hope it helps,
~Karl!


Quote:> As i see in docs, Maya render do not export UV data on additional
> channel. Am i right? Even with render passes is not possible to export
> UV data, is it?

> Insect.


 
 
 

UV Channel in RLA/IFF

Post by Insett » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:47:46



Quote:> Hiya!
> Please explain more: do you need to view the UV's in an animation or
> something?

I need to handle UV data on post. In max i render with RLA and export UV
data on RLA so i can remap minor objects in post like digital fusion or
combustion. 3dsmax got UV data channel on RLA file forma. In Maya Render
(4.5 Complete) even with render pass i do not see any checkbox or
parameter to include UV information in render (dont matter file format
RLA/IFF/other ). Docs didn't talk about a UV channel on render pass.
Am i doing somethin wrong or Maya dont' handle UV data on render?
Thanks in adv.
Insetto
 
 
 

UV Channel in RLA/IFF

Post by Ludvig Tune » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:05:08


Maya can't do it.

--
_________________________
Ludvig Tunel
CG Artist
Sveriges Television

Remove NO_ and _SPAM from mail address to mail me

Quote:>>> http://www.againsttcpa.com <<<

_________________________



> > Hiya!
> > Please explain more: do you need to view the UV's in an animation or
> > something?
> I need to handle UV data on post. In max i render with RLA and export UV
> data on RLA so i can remap minor objects in post like digital fusion or
> combustion. 3dsmax got UV data channel on RLA file forma. In Maya Render
> (4.5 Complete) even with render pass i do not see any checkbox or
> parameter to include UV information in render (dont matter file format
> RLA/IFF/other ). Docs didn't talk about a UV channel on render pass.
> Am i doing somethin wrong or Maya dont' handle UV data on render?
> Thanks in adv.
> Insetto

 
 
 

UV Channel in RLA/IFF

Post by Insett » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:22:38



> Maya can't do it.

I guessed. :(

Did you know if 5.0 ver with Mental Ray can do it?
Didn't installed the new rel yet and this could be the right moment to do.

Cheers
G.

 
 
 

UV Channel in RLA/IFF

Post by Tetsu » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:58:20


It was 10-07-2003 17:22 when Insetto said :


>> Maya can't do it.

> I guessed. :(

> Did you know if 5.0 ver with Mental Ray can do it?
> Didn't installed the new rel yet and this could be the right moment to do.

You can do it, you just need to dig in the Maya API a bit and make a
plug-in, it should be quite easy..
Although I suppose you will have to split up processes for meshes, sub-divs,
nurbs...perhaps even the mapping methods.. But that's only because of the
different syntax sets..it should be straightforward either way?

Mental Ray for 'Maya 5' doesn't have any extra UV channel options, don't
think so.

--
Tetsuo

 
 
 

UV Channel in RLA/IFF

Post by Insett » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:12:38



> You can do it, you just need to dig in the Maya API a bit and make a
> plug-in, it should be quite easy..

Easy but not fast. I was looking a solution to speed up a sequence of
render...writing a plugin will vanish this...

Quote:

> Mental Ray for 'Maya 5' doesn't have any extra UV channel options, don't
> think so.

Will take a look in XSI if this is present. I think i will use fbx
format to try to pass the scene in max and remake all the shading and
lighting. Uff...

I.

 
 
 

1. IFF-RLA-Depthmap

I'm looking for a good solution to use the Depthmapchannel off Maya in
AfterEffects - but I'm afraid - Maya doesn't write a correct DepthmapChannel
in RLAs. It only works with maya-iffs and AfterEffects doesn't support that.

There is a workaround with a depthmapshader on highend3d - but is there any
other solution ?

Any good suggestions ?

2. Printing vertically??????????????

3. AVI or FLI/FLC to IFF Anim5? IFF+IFF+...+IFF=IFF Anim5?

4. Question on Texture Mapping

5. Bump channel UV's?

6. Array of Images - How?

7. UV image channels

8. getting rid of the shell window using GLUT under Win32

9. IFF? (more like semi-IFF)

10. Difference with PC IFF->Amiga IFF?

11. Alias/Maya iff and Aminga IFF

12. Rhino UV Coordinates vs BMRT UV Coordinates (HELP!)

13. Channel Splitting/Channel Combining