solid wood texture in maya

Post by David Johnso » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have been creating carved wooden objects. I find that the 3d
projection contains 4 quadrants with discontinuity in the "ring" pattern
between each. This seems strange to me. Surely it would have been more
intuitive to use if the projector contained a complete "log cross
section". I can get the effect of a single log if i only use one
quadrant, but that makes it quite fiddly to work with.

--
David Johnson
http://www.animagrafx.com.au

http://www.access.net.au/~veryvery

1. Solid Wood Texture

Hi,

Does anyone have any algorithms for the generation of wood texture
using 3D procedural texture mapping? Any algorithms or source coed
would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. TOON FACTORY: CURSOS DIBUJOS ANIMADOS

3. Solid Wood Texture in OpenGL

4. Building PC for 3DS use. Need help

5. Maya Convert solid texture??

6. 3DS MAX demo in Kansas City

7. Converting to solid texture in Maya

8. wtd: procedural texture to simulate wood grain

9. Mini tutorial on POV-Ray wood textures

10. wood textures and pov ray 3.1

11. Texture problem (wood).

12. Better wood textures in PoV?