nvidia geforce 5.22 driver problem

Post by Skurg » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone else seen this?  When I select an object in Maya with the rotate
tool, the rotating gimble that normally appears around the objects pivot
(you know, the 3d r g and b circles) has vanished.  It's still there because
I can still rotate the object, I just don't have any control over it.  And
yet the move and scale gimbles are just fine.  Bizarre.  Does anyone else
have this problem?  Is there some fix?  Are there any other display problems
that I haven't found yet?  I tried installing the new Creative drivers, but
they won't even install properly, so I'm left with just the nvidia drivers.
I may have to go back to the original 3.83 NT drivers, but 5.22 drivers are
so much faster with Artisan.....

Post by Michael Babcoc » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Has anyone else seen this?  When I select an object in Maya with the rotate
> tool, the rotating gimble that normally appears around the objects pivot
> (you know, the 3d r g and b circles) has vanished.  It's still there because
> I can still rotate the object, I just don't have any control over it.  And
> yet the move and scale gimbles are just fine.  Bizarre.  Does anyone else
> have this problem?  Is there some fix?  Are there any other display problems
> that I haven't found yet?  I tried installing the new Creative drivers, but
> they won't even install properly, so I'm left with just the nvidia drivers.
> I may have to go back to the original 3.83 NT drivers, but 5.22 drivers are
> so much faster with Artisan.....

For me it only does this if you use Artisan first. Either the rotate
manipulator shows or the Artisan brush shows, but never both. So you
have to restart Maya, use Artisan, restart Maya, use Rotate Tool, back
and forth. Absurd.

--
Michael Babcock
Jim Henson's Creature Shop - Los Angeles

Post by Igor Parshiko » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>Has anyone else seen this?  When I select an object in Maya with the rotate
>tool, the rotating gimble that normally appears around the objects pivot
>(you know, the 3d r g and b circles) has vanished.  It's still there because
>I can still rotate the object, I just don't have any control over it.  And
>yet the move and scale gimbles are just fine.  Bizarre.  Does anyone else
>have this problem?  Is there some fix?  Are there any other display problems
>that I haven't found yet?  I tried installing the new Creative drivers, but
>they won't even install properly, so I'm left with just the nvidia drivers.
>I may have to go back to the original 3.83 NT drivers, but 5.22 drivers are
>so much faster with Artisan.....

Try the newer driver, maybe it'll help

ftp://ftp.reactor.ru/users/reactor/pub/NVidia/NT4_B523.zip
_______________________
Igor Parshikov (aka Ingvar)

Post by w.arnol » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> > Has anyone else seen this?  When I select an object in Maya with the rotate
> > tool, the rotating gimble that normally appears around the objects pivot
> > (you know, the 3d r g and b circles) has vanished.  It's still there because
> > I can still rotate the object, I just don't have any control over it.  And
> > yet the move and scale gimbles are just fine.  Bizarre.  Does anyone else
> > have this problem?  Is there some fix?  Are there any other display problems
> > that I haven't found yet?  I tried installing the new Creative drivers, but
> > they won't even install properly, so I'm left with just the nvidia drivers.
> > I may have to go back to the original 3.83 NT drivers, but 5.22 drivers are
> > so much faster with Artisan.....

> For me it only does this if you use Artisan first. Either the rotate
> manipulator shows or the Artisan brush shows, but never both. So you
> have to restart Maya, use Artisan, restart Maya, use Rotate Tool, back
> and forth. Absurd.

This is fixed in Maya 3.0.  Both the manipulator and artisan tool use
the same display list to draw the circles.  In sharing display lists
across GL contexts they didn't always work.

1. Problems with Nvidia GEFORCE tab after driver upgrade

Hi

I have upgraded my Windows 2000 Nvidia drivers to 40.41

The card is GeForce4 Ti 4600

When I click on the GeForce tab on my Advanced Settings
display panel I get the message

"Windows is having a problem with the file desk.cpl"

When I click OK, it shuts down. Therefore I now have NO access
to my GeForce specific params (e.g. Vsync etc ...)

Anyone have any ideas?  Re-installing winblows is not possible.

Permissions etc are all OK.

Rob.

2. need your help..........

3. OT nvidia geforce drivers?

4. Why no POV-Ray PDF Documentation?

5. nVidia's Detonator3 driver for GeForce 256

6. Need a color matching algorithm

7. opengl-drivers for geforce 256 nvidia

8. nVidia 21.83 drivers on a GeForce 3

9. Windows XP + nvidia Geforce 2 + Games = Problems

10. NVidia 21.8x Drivers Cause Requester Problem

11. Problems with new Nvidia Drivers

12. nvidia driver problem again