A|W Maya5 vs 3DS MAX5

Post by Milos Milojevi » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:54:10

Hi guys,

1.I'm new around, and this is going to sound like a some stupid question:
"Why everyone tells me that Maya5 is much better software then 3Dstudio
MAX"?

2.I'm an Architect, and I use ArchiCAD for my work, but I need a good render
to visualize my projects. Is Maya5 with integrited MentalRay the best option
(I mena better then MAX)?

3.Is there version of RAT for Maya5?

4.Is it posible to make shaders with Slim (RAT) and the render it in
MentalRay?

Sorry about my bad english. I hope you understand me. :)

Thanks.

A|W Maya5 vs 3DS MAX5

Post by Matthew Taylo » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:46:46

Quote:> Hi guys,

> 1.I'm new around, and this is going to sound like a some stupid question:
> "Why everyone tells me that Maya5 is much better software then 3Dstudio
> MAX"?

Because the people you have asked have had more experience of Maya than Max?
Because the work that the people you have asked are doing is better suited
to Maya?
At the end of the day there are so many factors that you can't just make a
statement that one is better or worse than the other. It depends on how much
experience you have, how much time you can afford to spend re-learning, what
other programs you generally use, what industry sector you are working in,
what kind of work you are trying to do...

Quote:> 2.I'm an Architect, and I use ArchiCAD for my work, but I need a good
render
> to visualize my projects. Is Maya5 with integrited MentalRay the best
option
> (I mena better then MAX)?

Maya isn't that well used among architects (although it works fine) Many of
the benefits of the software stem from its animation abilities, which is not
going to be important for still renders.

If all you are worried about is the renderer & you already know Max, you can
get the Mental Ray connection for Max. Also, the Brazil renderer for Max can
produce very gould results in architectural renders www.spluterfish.com has
a lot of sample images showing what this renderer is capable of.
Do you already use Max? If so, what are the problems that you have with it?

Matthew

A|W Maya5 vs 3DS MAX5

Post by Tetsu » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:47:03

Quote:> Hi guys,

> 1.I'm new around, and this is going to sound like a some stupid question:
> "Why everyone tells me that Maya5 is much better software then 3Dstudio
> MAX"?

> 2.I'm an Architect, and I use ArchiCAD for my work, but I need a good
render
> to visualize my projects. Is Maya5 with integrited MentalRay the best
option
> (I mena better then MAX)?

Maya and Max are incomparable.. Maya is a complete customizable studio, an
assembly of millions of communicating tools aimed at everything we currently
know about 3D-animation and modelling, 3DsMax is a merely scriptable
implementation of some..in terms of complexity it is several levels below.
Not to say Maya can't appeal to every kind of project, but, if you're an
architect, follow the other's advice and render your projects with what
saves you the most time..there's no need to get the most professional thing
out there.
Besides, how on earth are you going to pay for it, if it's completely for
professional use as you say.

--
Tetsuo

1. Final Render vs VIZ4(MAX5)

Hi,

I there anyone who has experience with both the finalRender and the VIZ4
(and MAX5) solution for Global Illumination? Can the combination of MAX and
finalRender beat the VIZ4 sollution?

witch are the advantages and disadvantages? witch is the better sollution
(regardless of the price - then it will be VIZ4)?

thx

Johan

2. bincancel:6 large binaries:AR1169:@@NCM

3. NT 4.0 WS sp6 GMX2000 Vs Windows 2000 Pro Geforce DDR

4. Medical Ultrasound Images

5. Looking for A Programmer's Geometry book

6. art vs craft vs trade vs 3ds max plus a word on crack

7. ***FREE, NEW, WEBMASTERS***

8. Inside 3DS vs. 3DS Applied

9. Lightwave Vs 3DS MAX Vs truespace

10. Maya5 ..worth the wait?

11. Maya5.0 : " Setting keys for a camera

12. can Maya5 import 3d model from AutoCad?