AMD761

Post by bRen » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:44:12

Does anybody use AMD Athlon chips with Maya? Do they work OK?

BrenT

AMD761

Check out http://www.maya-testcenter.de/

--
David Johnson
http://www.veryvery.com.au

AMD761

Post by i-d » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:49:05

YEs

Quote:> Does anybody use AMD Athlon chips with Maya? Do they work OK?

> BrenT

AMD761

Post by rh72&amd-lv » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:20:18

i hope so...i just payed for an educational license.

and i'm running amd 1800+ (yeaaahhhhh!)

and via chipset (ok.ok...i'm not real thrilled with via, and would prefer
an amd chipset)...but soyo dragon plus motherboard is working well so far
with redhat.

> Does anybody use AMD Athlon chips with Maya? Do they work OK?

> BrenT

AMD761

Post by Visen Brnicevi » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 13:40:40

> i hope so...i just payed for an educational license.

> and i'm running amd 1800+ (yeaaahhhhh!)

> and via chipset (ok.ok...i'm not real thrilled with via, and would prefer
> an amd chipset)...but soyo dragon plus motherboard is working well so far
> with redhat.

> > Does anybody use AMD Athlon chips with Maya? Do they work OK?

> > BrenT

You may also want to look into SIS 735 based Athlon motherboards.
I got one for my 1800+ 3 days ago and haven't had any issues whatsoever, on the other
hand the VIA board in my other puter crashes at least once a day.