Rendering as cel animation

Post by Richard Garris » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,

>How can we render our 3d animations to look like cel animation.
>Any plug ins?

>I know it can be done on 3d studio and lightwave, how about Alias?

>We also have softimage but are not very happy with the fianl output there.

Alias 8.5 has Powertoon shaders. I have used them and got fairly good
results. Of course it depends on your personal preference.

Rendering as cel animation

Post by Marco » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> >Hi,

> >How can we render our 3d animations to look like cel animation.
> >Any plug ins?

> >I know it can be done on 3d studio and lightwave, how about Alias?

> >We also have softimage but are not very happy with the fianl output there.

> Alias 8.5 has Powertoon shaders. I have used them and got fairly good
> results. Of course it depends on your personal preference.

You can also create a toon shader with Maya.

--
Marco Savini.
3D Animator

Rendering as cel animation

Post by Niels Krogh Mortense » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> You can also create a toon shader with Maya.

> --
> Marco Savini.

Speak to me - bad kangaroo! (How?)

--
Niels K M
     _____________________________

     http://www.km-animation.dk

Rendering as cel animation

Post by Marco » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> > You can also create a toon shader with Maya.

> > --
> > Marco Savini.

> Speak to me - bad kangaroo! (How?)

> --
> Niels K M
>      _____________________________
>      Krogh Mortensen Animation A/S
>      Copenhagen, Denmark

>      http://www.km-animation.dk

sorry for the latest answer...

see at www.pmc.it/CDROM

you can have an example of toon shader, if you like I can explane to you
How can you make it...

ciao.
:-)

--
Marco Savini.
3D Animator

Rendering as cel animation

Post by Niels Krogh Mortense » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> > > You can also create a toon shader with Maya.

> > > --
> > > Marco Savini.

> > Speak to me - bad kangaroo! (How?)

> > --
> > Niels K M
> sorry for the latest answer...

> see at www.pmc.it/CDROM

> you can have an example of toon shader, if you like I can explane to you
> How can you make it...

> ciao.
> :-)

> --
> Marco Savini.
> 3D Animator
> Darkside.
> www.pmc.it/marco

I downloaded the "Goofy" mpeg-demo (using your link), - looks OK! It is
a little difficult to see (because of the lores, I guess), but it looks
like it has the outline and everything?

Please explain how to create the shader! It's probably not only me who
would like to know. (?)

Niels K M
     _____________________________
     Krogh Mortensen Animation A/S
     Copenhagen, Denmark

     http://www.km-animation.dk

1. Cel Shader & Cel look Edges

I have a bit of problems whith an object which have more than one texture
and must be rendered with Poligon edge and Cel Shader.
When I render it all the zones of the textures are stroked.
does somebody know how is possible resolve this problem?

Please reply to my mail address too

Thanks

Maurizio

2. Can you plot a transparent line in GNUplot?

3. Super Cel Shader & Cel look edges

4. Pasting strangely shaped graphics into Pagemaker.

5. Use of Lattice.Cel - odd rendering.

6. Bitmaps and rotation

7. LW 5.0, Cel Look rendering, MetaNurbs THE KING!!!

8. Cel-Rendering, Implicit Line Drawing

9. Best 3D Software for Cel Rendering?

10. cel render question

11. Line width in cel render