Velocity

Post by DimitrisF » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:52:30

Hi there.

Does anyone know (and also be kind enough to tell) a simple (or
straightforward) way to calculate the velocity of an object?
I am kind of newbie and maybe it is a silly question afterall but I can't
seem to figure it out.
I have used a particle and tried to query its velocity through mel, but the
manuals are kind of confusing about that and it seems impossible to get it
work.

Please help me.

Velocity

Post by Mark R. Wilkin » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:58:20

> Hi there.

> Does anyone know (and also be kind enough to tell) a simple (or
> straightforward) way to calculate the velocity of an object?

Objects in general are tricky because Maya doesn't keep track of their
velocities.

Particles, however, are easier:

particle -attribute velocity -id 8 -q particle1;

will return the velocity for the particle whose id is 8 in the object
particle1.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com

Velocity

Post by DimitrisF » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:45:23

Thanx Mark. I gave a try on your suggestion though I had already figured out
how to do it (it was there actually all the time). Anyway, thank you again..

> > Hi there.

> > Does anyone know (and also be kind enough to tell) a simple (or
> > straightforward) way to calculate the velocity of an object?

> Objects in general are tricky because Maya doesn't keep track of their
> velocities.

> Particles, however, are easier:

> particle -attribute velocity -id 8 -q particle1;

> will return the velocity for the particle whose id is 8 in the object
> particle1.

> -- Mark

> Mark R. Wilkins
> author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
> www.melscripting.com

1. Velocity 200, OpenGL and 2D

Anyone using a Velocity 200?

Would this card do instead of a G400 16MB mainly used for
CAD (OpenGL, WinGDI) and 2D sharpness at 1600x1280x24
and 85Hz refreshrate? Games are not of great interest.

Would be nice to recieve some comments

Robert

2. creating a true type font

3. nvidia stb velocity 4400

4. JPEG to GIF

5. STB Velocity 128 driver for Linux?

6. Newbie Maya question

7. FS: DIAMOND STEALTH 3D (4 megs )/ STB VELOCITY 3D (8 megs)

8. Auction: STB VELOCITY 3D - 8 MEGS RAM

9. FS: DIAMOND STEALTH 3D / STB VELOCITY 3D VID ACCELERATORS

10. FS: DIAMOND STEALTH 3D + STB VELOCITY 3D

11. FS: Diamond Stelath 3D + STB Velocity 3D Video Accelerators

12. About Mustk Bearscan velocity