alpha maps?

Post by Jason Kaehle » Tue, 26 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Is there a method for having a shader read the alpha channel
directly from the image being used for a color map?   I would like
to avoid having a seperate luminance image used as a 'transperency'
map.  Am I overlooking the something obvious?

Disney VR                                       v. 818.544.7975

-You ask me the marks of a man of faith?
 When death comes to him he has a smile on his lips.  -Iqbal

1. Alpha Maps

Could someone give me the steps for using an alpha map?  I'm trying to
composite two images together and can't figure it out.  Say for instance you
have one image with clouds, another image that is black and an alpha map
with the letter "T" so that when composited you have a black "T" in the
clouds.  The manual gives bits and pieces but not the whole story.  PS 5.0.

Thanks ahead

Tim

2. Subdivision surfaces / Realtime NURBS

3. turning layer transparency into the alpha map

4. modelling/texturing cars - PLEASE HELP

5. alpha maps

6. Lightwave animators needed

7. Alpha Map with shadow in max

8. glColor3ub and glLineWidth ???

9. alpha map clipping in Mac 5.6

10. Help required with alpha maps/composisting

11. Alpha Mapping

12. Alpha Mapping please?

13. exporting with alpha, maps