Extracting texture information of a mesh

Extracting texture information of a mesh

Post by Bernhard Glü » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:21:28

Hi !

I am writign a maya exporter for my game engine using the C++ API.
I have exported all geometry data already, and all UV Coordinate sets
too. Now i retrieved the Array of texture via the
MFnMesh::getAssociatedUVSetTextures.

Now i want to export all objects of type kFileTexture, but which
interface should i use to extract the filenames and everything ? Other
texture types can be ignorede since the game engine will only render
2D File Textures anyways :-)

And how can i get the information to which polygon a texture
belongs/maps/i mapped onto ? The MFnMesh interface does not export
this  just like the MitPolygon interface.

Thanks